iPad owners, are you upset?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ARF900, Apr 9, 2010.

1. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

I know if I had bought an iPad I would be a little upset that the iPads arent getting OS 4 until fall, anyone else upset about this. I really dont see how this makes any sense.

2. Woz Beard macrumors regular

Woz Beard

3. Bosep macrumors regular

You know... buying stuff from most other companies you are stuck with the same software forever.

I think most non macrumors members don't even know about another upgrade for their ipad os. They bought it for what is was and they're happy with it.

This is just something good to look forward to, I don't think 500 000 people bought the iPad cause they thought it would have a os update in a couple of months. If you did I think you are stupid on don't deserve to live.

4. ClaireL macrumors 6502a

ClaireL

Nope! Not a bit bothered about it because I got plenty of great stuff to keep me busy on my iPad until 4.0 comes.

5. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

I knew when i bought it that there was a very good chance that they would release a new os this summer with an iPhone, but I bought it knowing what it was capsble of Now and knowing that it would meet my needs as is. No need to get upset.

6. Lanman macrumors member

Lanman

You actually made me laugh out loud!

Thank you.

7. liamhemsworth macrumors member

Attached Files:

8. bootedbear macrumors 6502

bootedbear

Why? Because there will be an upgrade?

Seems a pretty silly thing to get upset about.

I'm enjoying mine just fine, and if it becomes more capable in the Fall, even better!

9. ImperialX macrumors 65816

ImperialX

No...in fact, I'm rather pleased Apple is taking this extra time to make 4.0 full of iPad-specifc features.

10. ARF900 thread starter macrumors 65816

ARF900

well my point isnt that they dont get the update until then, I would be upset because the iPhone is getting it months earlier.

11. drjsway macrumors 6502a

Not really bothered but a bit disappointed that my old iphone will be able to run Pandora in the background this summer and my new iPad won't.

12. jeffy777 macrumors 6502

I'm fine as long as a jailbreak comes out soon.

13. tarilotta macrumors newbie

If anyone really is upset about this, ide be more than glad to help...
    Just give me your iPad and that way you don't have to worry about it anymore, no more being upset =)
    ...seems like a win-win to me, no? lol

14. ImperialX macrumors 65816

ImperialX

Even iPhone running 4.0 will still not be able to replace what the iPad does for me, so no, I don't mind.

They're a different category of devices. Them receiving updates at different times, or one before the other doesn't matter to me.

15. illutionz macrumors 65816

iPhone version will probably out around late June/Early July time frame coincidence with the new iPhone gen 4 during WWDC.

I wouldn't be surprised if Apple released the iPad version around September. 2 Months won't kill anybody ;) Plus we have some of the goodies on iPhone 4.0 anyway except multitasking :eek:

16. Surely Guest

Surely

Exactly. :D

I just look at it as more cool stuff to look forward to. Would I rather it be available sooner? Yeah, but I'm not upset about it.

17. 1appleAday macrumors regular

18. diabolic macrumors 68000

No, the current features are more than enough to keep me happy. 4.0 will just be a bonus whenever it's ready.

19. tmshort macrumors newbie

I am very happy with mine as is, and look forward to better and better software to improve the device further.

I appreciate Apple taking the time to make things right rather than rushing them to market.

Like they said re: multitasking in the OS 4.0 presentation "We won't be the first, but we will be the best."

20. ClaireL macrumors 6502a

ClaireL

I'm Generation X, so this made me laugh! :D

21. markosb macrumors 6502

markosb

No, because I don't buy computers or devices to upgrade, I buy them to work. When the time comes it comes.

22. T4R06 macrumors 65816

why upset. the company has a really good vision on their products. they keep on enhancing..

23. BossHogg macrumors member

BossHogg

Nope. Happy as a pig in mud with my iPad as is.

24. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

You'd be upset because? Apple made no promises about when iPhone 4.0 would ship for the iPad before the iPad launched. In fact they didn't even mention iPhone 4.0 at all.

Of course this doesn't make any sense to you because you don't understand Apple. The iPad team was quarantined from the rest of Apple. So while the iPhone OS team was developing 4.0 they didn't know the deets about the iPad until the rest of us. That is how secretive Apple is. Now does it make sense?

25. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

Doesn't bother me. I'd rather they take their time and get it right.