iPad iPad owners can you forgo using your iPad for a few months?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by redryder, Jun 18, 2013.

1. redryder macrumors member

Ipad owners – can you forgo using your ipad for a few months? I use mine everyday for reading my RSS feeds, general web surfing, and occasional gaming. Its hard to imagine going back to life without an ipad.

My parents are going away for a 3 month trip, and I’m giving them my ipad to use. The plan is to wait till ipad 5 or the mini 2 is released before I buy a new one, but I don’t know how long my willpower can last. In the meantime I still have my kindle and smartphone, but man it'll be tough.

2. skittlescat macrumors member

Ipad loan

Enjoy a three month break from the ipad. It will go by quickly. Why not just give it to them for all they have done for you. You can always buy an ipad 5 when released. It's not like you will be tablet free.

3. redryder thread starter macrumors member

It's not a loan. I am giving it to them. I just hope that an ipad 5 or mini 2 gets released soon. :)

I could afford to buy an ipad now, but I should probably wait for the ipad5.

4. jjhoekstra macrumors regular

Haha! No I cannot live without my trusty mini for more than a couple of days. In my case because of the very nice collection of books I have on the ready. I could do all other iPad stuff on my rMBP, but not the reading!

5. JMountainDew macrumors regular

JMountainDew

This. I'm doing most of my reading on my mini these days, too. Can't be without it.

6. Hello... macrumors 6502a

Hello...

I sold mine a month ago, i use my MBP, and getting a windows 8 tablet to keep me happy to the new ones come out.

7. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Me, yes.

My 3 Year old? No. He gets the hump when I take it to work for a day let alone a few months.

8. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

I barely use mine to begin with. I mostly use my MacBook Pro.

Usually I use it when the kids want to watch a TV show that I don't.

Realistically if I sell a 32GB White 5th Gen how much could I expect. I hate taking too much of a loss when I sell. :(

9. Akack macrumors 6502a

Yes. Would I miss using it no doubt, but my phone I can't live without.

10. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

Surely yes. My iPhone gets the most use, followed by my iMac, then iPad in third. I still like it, don't get me wrong, but it's the expendable one of the group.

11. OldLadywithiPod macrumors member

OldLadywithiPod

I use my new iPad mini every day for Facebook and apps and I'm thrilled with it.

I wouldn't be happy giving it up without a good reason, and in my opinion you have a very good reason.

May your folks have a safe and pleasant trip. They raised a good kid. :)

12. Eckscaliber macrumors 6502a

Eckscaliber

I sold my iPad 3 two months ago. I didn't miss it the first 2 weeks, but now I miss it everyday. I'm holding out for the iPad 5 or Mini 2. The wait is quite painful.

13. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I can live without my iPad because I am extremely excited with my new rMBP! :) Also I have an iPhone 4S nearly. :apple:

14. Harmonious Zen macrumors 6502a

No brainer for me. iPhone indispensable, iPad not. MBA indispensable, iPad not. For books, I'd just use my Kindle.