Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redryder

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 7, 2010
Ipad owners – can you forgo using your ipad for a few months? I use mine everyday for reading my RSS feeds, general web surfing, and occasional gaming. Its hard to imagine going back to life without an ipad.

My parents are going away for a 3 month trip, and I’m giving them my ipad to use. The plan is to wait till ipad 5 or the mini 2 is released before I buy a new one, but I don’t know how long my willpower can last. In the meantime I still have my kindle and smartphone, but man it'll be tough.

skittlescat

macrumors member
May 14, 2011
Victoria
Ipad loan

Ipad owners – can you forgo using your ipad for a few months? I use mine everyday for reading my RSS feeds, general web surfing, and occasional gaming. Its hard to imagine going back to life without an ipad.

My parents are going away for a 3 month trip, and I’m giving them my ipad to use. The plan is to wait till ipad 5 or the mini 2 is released before I buy a new one, but I don’t know how long my willpower can last. In the meantime I still have my kindle and smartphone, but man it'll be tough.

Enjoy a three month break from the ipad. It will go by quickly. Why not just give it to them for all they have done for you. You can always buy an ipad 5 when released. It's not like you will be tablet free.

redryder

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 7, 2010
Enjoy a three month break from the ipad. It will go by quickly. Why not just give it to them for all they have done for you. You can always buy an ipad 5 when released. It's not like you will be tablet free.

It's not a loan. I am giving it to them. I just hope that an ipad 5 or mini 2 gets released soon. :)

I could afford to buy an ipad now, but I should probably wait for the ipad5.

jjhoekstra

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2009
Haha! No I cannot live without my trusty mini for more than a couple of days. In my case because of the very nice collection of books I have on the ready. I could do all other iPad stuff on my rMBP, but not the reading!

JMountainDew

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2012
Haha! No I cannot live without my trusty mini for more than a couple of days. In my case because of the very nice collection of books I have on the ready. I could do all other iPad stuff on my rMBP, but not the reading!

This. I'm doing most of my reading on my mini these days, too. Can't be without it.

Hello...

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2011
I sold mine a month ago, i use my MBP, and getting a windows 8 tablet to keep me happy to the new ones come out.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
Me, yes.

My 3 Year old? No. He gets the hump when I take it to work for a day let alone a few months.

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
I barely use mine to begin with. I mostly use my MacBook Pro.

Usually I use it when the kids want to watch a TV show that I don't.

Realistically if I sell a 32GB White 5th Gen how much could I expect. I hate taking too much of a loss when I sell. :(

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
Surely yes. My iPhone gets the most use, followed by my iMac, then iPad in third. I still like it, don't get me wrong, but it's the expendable one of the group.

OldLadywithiPod

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2008
I use my new iPad mini every day for Facebook and apps and I'm thrilled with it.

I wouldn't be happy giving it up without a good reason, and in my opinion you have a very good reason.

May your folks have a safe and pleasant trip. They raised a good kid. :)

Eckscaliber

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2012
I sold my iPad 3 two months ago. I didn't miss it the first 2 weeks, but now I miss it everyday. I'm holding out for the iPad 5 or Mini 2. The wait is quite painful.

Harmonious Zen

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
No brainer for me. iPhone indispensable, iPad not. MBA indispensable, iPad not. For books, I'd just use my Kindle.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.