Ipad owners: Do you use a screen protector?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jacoblee23, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Jacoblee23 macrumors 6502a

I just had to remove my third one, because the guy at Verizon apparently didn't put it on very good, and it started to peel off, and bubbles kept appearing. I have had so many problems with screen protectors for my ipad.

I am currently not using one and feel the retina screen looks even better and it is far more responsive. I have a case that covers the whole ipad, while I am not using it. Would it be safe to just not use s screen protector from now on? I am tired of wasting money, on constant bubbles among other issues.

2. jojoba macrumors 68000

I don't use one, I just don't like them. All the Apple employees I've spoken to have advised against it. I don't think it needs additional protection when I'm using it. When I don't, it has a smart cover in addition to a soft sleeve.

3. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I don't use one on my 3 and I didnt on my first gen.

I do use a smart cover though.

4. Funnone macrumors regular

5. iphone joe macrumors regular

iphone joe

6. Appleseeds macrumors regular

7. scorpio1973 macrumors 6502a

Guess I am in the minority here.

I use a screen protector on my iPad 3. It's a crystal one, so the retina display still looks very nice. It was a pain to put on, but there are no bubbles and it's not lifting.

8. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

9. Hakone macrumors 6502a

Since my Toddler has a lot of games and learning apps, I had to put one on it. No regrets except some annoying bubbling.

10. mrstefani macrumors newbie

I don't like the look or feel of screen protectors. They end of looking worse than if you did get a scratch on your screen. I don't feel the screen is that susceptible to scratching, within reason of course. I keep the smart cover on the front for protection and have never had any issues.

11. advan031 macrumors 6502

12. number84 macrumors 6502

don't have one on mind and not a single scratch....that's with a 3 year old using it as well. but i use a smartcover so the screen doesn't touch anything when not in use...ie., rubbing in a bag, etc.

13. finnftw macrumors member

No. Just Smart Cover. When iPad1 came out I put one on but hated the feel. I don't see the need for it w/ Smart Cover.

14. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I have screen protectors for both front and back. Was a pain in the ass to put both of them on but it satisfies my OCD impluses. It's a clear one so the Retina display still shines through. I'm one of those that always put a screen protector on their iToys.

15. tann macrumors 68000

Nope, my iPad has never had one on it.

I thought about it but I don't think (for me at least) it's needed. I rarely take it out the house and the screen feels so much nicer without one!

Even on my 4S I kept a screen protector on the back but not the front for a really long time!

16. sers macrumors regular

Had one on for a couple of days then ripped it off. The screen just looks and works so much better without it. I do, however, have a smart cover.

BTW, no scratches yet.

17. Poochi macrumors 6502a

Poochi

I used PowerSupprt for iPad 1 and 2, no bubbling.

But I really hate the feeling of the screen protectors... tried many of them.

Honestly the device is a lot more enjoyable once I stop using them on my 3 and I would never look back.

Does the screen scratch? Yup... diamond scratched it :( Even that, it is hardly noticable and I actually enjoy more when I no longer have the urge to baby a device :)

18. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

No. I have iPad 1 with no screen protector on the front but it's in a purple Belkin case that covers the back and comes up over the edges. The glass seems as fine now as when I got the thing. I try to be careful with it. That glass is really tough so honestly I don't worry. I did get it a Waterfield sleeve with a flap for when I take it out of the house, usually thrown into a large totebag with whatever else is going.

I don't yet know what I will do about protecting backs and edges of my upgrade to the 4th gen iPad, or the with the mini iPad. I got smart covers for them but I don't know if I will like them. Definitely not inclined to cover the display surfaces with a film product.

Will probably get a Waterfield sleeve for the larger iPad. It will rarely leave the house. I don't know what to do with the mini one, it will go-along most of the time and will need some protection against abrasive particles. I don't care if it gets scuffed. I'm not into that whole thing. I look at scuffs as proof that stuff can take a few jokes and keep working. I just don't want grit getting into the ports.

19. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

20. Poochi macrumors 6502a

Poochi

I got smartcover for 3rd generation. When I use the iPad I rip off the smartcover (the way it's supposed to be used) - iPad 3 alone is already heavy enough when held for a prolonged period of time. Also SmartCover is good so your device is not in contact directly with the table surface which may have elements that scratches the iPad.

21. Dstopsie macrumors 6502a

yup power support crystal film had them on all my iPads

22. Pecheneg macrumors member

I always put the matte one on. Without it, my fingers sometimes stick to the screen, especially when playing games. Plus it doesn't seem to collect as much dirt, as the crystal clear protectors:rolleyes:

23. DarkAnnie macrumors member

DarkAnnie

24. coelacanth macrumors 6502

Nope. I use screen protector on iPhones, but none of my tablets (I use them for design work) got them.