iPad ownership change and returns -- complications?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kylera, Jun 7, 2011.

1. kylera macrumors 65816

kylera

Here's the situation -- I am going to head out tomorrow to trade my brand new, unopened iPad 2 for a different brand new, unopened iPad 2. I had mine for one day after delivery, and the other guy had his for two days after delivery. As mentioned, since both iPads are unopenend, both haven't been synced with iTunes or anything.

The question now is, with us switching, supposing the other guy discovers a defect in my unit, would he have to send it under my name? Thanks in advance!

2. Phil-82 macrumors member

You have to send in the name of whoever bought it unless he gives you his info and thenapple store employees accept it

3. kylera thread starter macrumors 65816

kylera

Whoever bought it as in whoever bought it FIRST, right? So if he finds a defect in mine, it'll have to be sent under MY name.

4. amicron1 macrumors newbie

Ipad issue

Hello,

I know this has nothing to do with your situation, but yesterday was supposed to be the day that I received my order for two Apple iPads, one white one and one black one. I have been awaiting the delivery for about 3 weeks now. Was notified that they were on they're way and the tracking numbers were given to me.

I have watched the progress on Fedex as they made they're way from China to Hong Kong to Memphis then Denver. "out For delivery" said the tracking info.

Then to my dismay: "Refused by Recipient". As I had someone waiting to sign for them at the house. I called Fedex. They tell me apple has requested the package be sent to the Apple warehouse. I am so mad now I am seeing red. I have waited what seems an eternity for these things. Now they are on the fedex truck in my small town, just within my reach and they are headed back to china? WHat the heck?!

I compose my self. I call my Apple rep who I placed the order with. She is so puzzled at this ordeal. Tells me she will call me back when she gets to the bottom of it (Thank you for trying to help me, by the way).

I call fedex local drop off and explain what is happening. The guy there says he will help me and try and get me some info. He calls me back and states that he has contacted the driver and asked that they deliver what they can of the packages and he agrees.

So I get one ipad, while the other sits in a fedex truck 16 feet from me. No apple care service that was originally ordered, plus I get this kryptic response from Apple about the situation.

Someone has really messed up something and Apple sure isn't letting the cat out of the bag.

Called apple last night two times to try and find out what is happening as my bank account states that i have paid for two ipads and two Apple care Packages.

This seems to me like one of those situations that Apple needs to reimburse me some of the cost of the missing iPad due to the intense frustration of the situation they have caused.

Everything just seems so hush hush. Apple rep even said she cannot explain the circumstances of what is happening, except that she knows this is not the first such scenario like this that happened on June 8th, 2011.

Any thoughts?

If a mod would like to place this a more visible area that would be great. Also any recommendations as to where I should post this for the best response would help.

Thanks
    Disappointed in Wyoming.

5. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

If it has a fault,,,,,take it to an Apple Store...what matters is the person it is registered too...so when u first plug it in to activate it sign with your Apple ID. This is all Apple need to replace it....no receipt, no box either, no chat about where u bought it....just serial number and your Apple ID.