iPad Panoramic Wallpaper

shreydesai

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
California
Does anybody know how to get a panoramic wallpaper for your iPad? Does the iPad have to be jailbroken in order to do that?

tylerxp

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

Yes

tylerxp

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

Sorry. Im in class and didn't get to finish my post.

Yes. You have to jailbreak. I can't remember the name of the program, but it's not a feature in iOs.

shreydesai

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
California
About a year ago, I saw a video on YouTube on how to make a panoramic wallpaper for the iPhone and the iPod Touch on like iOS 4, but I was wondering if it offers the same thing for the iPad.

----------

Yes you need to jailbreak. And even then, i'm not sure it's possible.

EDIT: Just checked. It's Parallax in Cydia. I'm not sure if it's iPad-compatible though.
Thanks, I'll look into that. Is it a free application?

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
In addition to Parallax, there were 2-3 other programs that would allow you to do this. Keep in mind this was for the iPhone so not sure if they work with iPads or not. A couple of these programs are paid but have a free trial period to test them out with.

shreydesai

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
California
In addition to Parallax, there were 2-3 other programs that would allow you to do this. Keep in mind this was for the iPhone so not sure if they work with iPads or not. A couple of these programs are paid but have a free trial period to test them out with.
Is there any way to get Cydia applications for free, just like you can use Installous for the App Store applications?

EDIT: Also, do you have to SSH in order to do this?

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Is there any way to get Cydia applications for free, just like you can use Installous for the App Store applications?

EDIT: Also, do you have to SSH in order to do this?
If you paid for your apps maybe it would motivate the devs to make an iPad-compatible version :rolleyes: