iPad Passcode request

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MarioD, Oct 15, 2015.

1. MarioD macrumors newbie

Hi all,

Maybe someone can assist me. I switched on my ipad i entered the normal passcode. On the home screen it requested i change the passcode by first entering my cold code which it rejected and locked out. Has anyone had this issue before?

Thanks

2. rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

i wish u posted a screen shot, maybe this was just a warning because you used an obvious passcode like 5683?

3. rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

with passcodes its very important for you to backup your devices to iTunes, so iTunes will always be able to reset your passcodes in case you ever forget them

4. MarioD thread starter macrumors newbie

I have backed up everything. I panicked a little. I closed the device, switched it back on and entered my normal passcode. As it open the home screen I quickly selected settings and changed the code there as I though something fishy was going on. This morning I spoke to my youngster and he said while playing on it he got a requested about an unknown number, he couldn't remember the details (he is 12) and he then just pushed OK ???????. Almost hit the roof.

The first thing Ive done is change my bank sign in passcode. Is there anything you can suggest as I use keychain on my device.

5. rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

back up to iTunes encrypted so your keychain can be restored to a different and new ipad ?

post screen shots when you have questions like this?

iOS 9 now asks for 6 digit passcodes when you set up a new device

anytime you enter a passcode and enter the wrong one . iOS adds a delay to your lock screen
    and it grows. eventually it can take 5 years to try all the combinations of passwords like aaa123

the only time i ever heard of iOS asking you to change your passcode is when you use passcodes like 5683 or 1234

6. MarioD thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your help. Not sure what happened.