iPad iPad PDF Reader

Discussion in 'iPad' started by phender6, May 26, 2013.

1. phender6 macrumors newbie

I want to make the switch to using my iPad for reading all the articles I use at school. My problem is that I've gotten into a habit of using sticky notes as an easy way to flag important information in hardcopies. Non of the PDF readers that I've tried to date have a good sticky note function. Primarily I would like to be able to make sticky notes on a particular page, but I want the ability to view all the notes on a document in aggregate. This would speed up the process of finding the relevant notes, I won't have to scroll throw the entire document to find each note on its respective page. If anyone knows of an app that has this function, please let me know.

2. Bear macrumors G3

iBooks can read PDF files and I know for epub files at least it can do what you want with stickies.

3. psynnott macrumors 6502

psynnott

4. TJ61 macrumors 6502a

I didn't realize GoodReader had this functionality -- thanks for pointing it out!

From a newbie to the OP: to get it to work, you tap the "bookmarks" button, but then you have to select "Annotations" at the bottom of the Bookmarks window. In this window you'll just see a short clip of your annotations. To see the entirety of your annotations, tap "E-mail Summary" button at the top. This will put all your annotations in a draft e-mail; you can read them here, or copy this into another file, or (wait for it...) e-mail them to yourself.

Regards,
    Tom

5. jdblas69 macrumors regular

I will throw a pitch as well to GoodReader, it is a very robust reader app with good developer support.