Ipad pen for note taking

Discussion in 'iPad' started by SuperMiguel, May 10, 2012.

1. SuperMiguel macrumors 6502

Do they exist? How u guys take notes?? What's the fastes way??

2. IngerMan macrumors 6502a

IngerMan

Bestbuy has some, I have a Targus and bamboo. I use both

3. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    Use the Search link at the very top of the forum....

Select "Show Threads" and search for "best stylus notes" and variations.

You'll see a ton of threads about both pens and note taking apps.

Luck!

4. r-sparks, May 10, 2012
    Last edited: May 10, 2012

r-sparks macrumors 6502

r-sparks

They're not as accurate as a real pen and usually come with huge 'nibs'. Its like writing in marker pen. Touch sensitive screen technology right now just doesn't allow better accuracy.

The screen is also slow to respond to pen strokes. You definitely can't write as fluently as on paper. Try downloading the Paper 53 app and drawing or writing with your finger to get an idea of the delay.

Pens can be useful for drawing, however, and also things like text editing, where they let you be a bit more accurate than the tip of a finger.

Read reviews of the pens though because some are pretty poor quality. I have. Griffin one that seems pretty good.

5. neutrino23 macrumors 68000

I suggest two for your consideration.

The iPen
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ipen/ipen-the-first-active-stylus-for-ipad?play=1&ref=search

This has its own electronics built in to speed up the sampling rate which is supposed to make handwriting very fluid. Doesn't work with all apps but sounds really interesting. I haven't got one yet but I'm tempted.

The Adonit Jot
    http://adonit.net/product/jot/

It features a precision point so you can position the stylus more accurately. I use this one. It's pretty good. You do have to write more slowly than with a pen on paper.

A nice note taking app is Notability. I've used several. Most have their good points. Notability has a nice way zoom in to an area for handwriting. Somehow, when zoomed in handwriting is much more fluid.

6. SuperMiguel, May 10, 2012
    Last edited: May 10, 2012

SuperMiguel thread starter macrumors 6502

So you u recommend something like the livescribe pen? and forget about the ipad?