iPad Pro IPAD PENCIL 2 ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Silverspur, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Silverspur macrumors newbie

My new iPad Pro 12.9" will be delivered tomorrow by the end of the day and I'm going to pick up an Apple Pencil. I read in March that there'd be a new Apple Pencil 2 coming soon and I'm just wondering if I should wait. Anybody has any idea when it'll come out ? Thanks.

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

No. The Apple Pencil 2 isn't launching anytime soon. And it doesn't need to. Mainly because the new 120 HZ Promotion display reduced the latency to 20MS, which means it's more refined for drawing and other artistic abilities. The first Generation Apple Pencil still serves nicely and is completely capable of its current uses.

3. Silverspur thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the reply and I think I'll just go ahead and get that pencil now. Considering that it "only" costs about 10% of the iPad Pro, it wouldn't be so bad if I have pay again for a second generation pencil if it does come out later.

4. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Yea, I would definitely get one now. A new one is not on the horizon anytime soon.

5. Silverspur thread starter macrumors newbie

So I just picked up an Apple Pencil and a Smart Cover for about $235.00. Plus $1,330 for the iPad Pro 250GB WiFi, I'm spending about $1,600 for the whole package. It sucks to be Canadian when it comes to buying electronics.

I just hope that'll I'll be happy with that as a replacement of my MBP (2010) and my iPad 3.

6. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Enjoy your new purchase and the Apple Pencil.