iPad pencil "mod" and censorship at 9to5mac

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by KJL3000, Dec 14, 2015.

1. KJL3000 macrumors 6502

KJL3000

2. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

Not only off-topic but counterproductive. Posting the link actually drives more traffic to that site. I never visit that site but did so because of the link. I'm sure that I'm not alone. If that was your intent (to drive traffic to 9to5mac) then mission accomplished.

3. KJL3000, Dec 14, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2015

KJL3000 thread starter macrumors 6502

KJL3000

You are right, it wasn't intended in an advertising way, but rather informing people visiting both sites regularly that some editors over there tend to delete comments that don't fit their articles... That's all but I already regret having started this thread anyway, so please ignore it.

4. satchmo macrumors 68000

9to5mac gets some good scoops. Mark Gurman must have a mole at Apple.
    That said, that site is so ridiculously ad heavy, that I try not to go there if I can.

5. phillyboy82 macrumors regular

phillyboy82

To be honest you sounded a little prima-donna over there to his response and you took it way too personally. Ditto for cross-posting over here too to reinforce that... but that is the age of the internet. He specifically said it was an accident that he deleted your comments.

Have you not seen the drivel that comes along with internet story comments? Especially on Apple-related stories?

It's their site, they can try to clean up if they want. Not really seeing a "censorship" issue at all, just incidental damage from trying to make their site better. Personally having up/down voting that hides trolls would make it less work on their end.

6. Xprmntr macrumors member

Xprmntr

7. Xprmntr macrumors member

Xprmntr

Wow, comparing your comment to dog excrement... I've seen some surprising comments from their writers to readers, snappy... And then they talk about being clean and respectful.. And that dog crap comment is just over the line, wow

8. KJL3000 thread starter macrumors 6502

KJL3000

You're right about the cross post, I regret that... But the point was, and that's what I was very angry about, that Zac deleted a bunch of comments that just have not been offending at all, they just didn't please him. I was not the only one and that's what I call censorship. He did not apologize at all, he even said he deleted them on purpose for being "distasteful" ... And they were not, just critical about his idea of putting a pen clip on the pencil. I think you can have another opinion about that and it should be possible to express it. That's all.

9. phillyboy82 macrumors regular

phillyboy82

Fair enough :). He could have better presented it in his email too, sounded pretty nonchalant about the whole thing.