iPad: perfect for the procrastinator

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Craiger, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

Now I just tell myself, "I'll just do it as soon as my battery dies." But really this battery is great. I have been trying forever to drain the battery to "calibrate" it.

2. gillybean macrumors 6502a

3. California King macrumors 65816

Procrastinating right now..haha

Seriously, the iPad turns 5 minutes into half an hour.

4. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

Agreed. Studying for finals. Reading class slides and my teachers textbook on the iPad now. It's nicer than having my mbp on my lap, gets hot after extended use.

5. pvmacguy macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

I'm super guilty at letting this thing side track me from stuff that needs to be done. I'll try and write a school paper and then the ipads sitting there waiting to be picked up and used. Like someone else said 5 min turns into over an hour lol!

6. California King macrumors 65816

Wow, that was a quick hour on Charadium, lol...

That's it, I'm shutting this thing off

7. blg123 macrumors member

So is that what we are supposed to do after we received the new iPad, drain the battery all the way down, then charge it for a full charge?

8. Peter Harrison macrumors 6502a

Peter Harrison

Not anymore. These are newer than the old batteries you are used to. To get the best out of the battery, charge it whenever you like. Use it for a while, then charge. The more often you charge it, even in little amounts, the longer the battery will last. You don't need to give it a good old drain anymore. Just use it when you like, and charge when you like. Gone are the days when the battery goes crap unless you're careful.

9. Kingcodez macrumors 6502

Kingcodez

What are the batteries now LiFEPo4? or LiPoly?

10. Craiger thread starter macrumors 6502a

Craiger

According to this link you should cycle it once a month to calibrate the reporting of the remaining charge.

http://www.apple.com/batteries/ipad.html

11. JReynolds macrumors 6502

I've been trying to overhaul my procrastination into productivity. Downloaded iAnnotae and Sundry Notes. Now I just try to keep focused while using this addictive device.

I'm hoping for a bunch more productivity apps to really turn the iPad into a machine that I can have out an about without the my fire chief thinking I'm playing around!

Keep up the good work Devs :apple:

12. Nova69 macrumors member

Procrastinating

I was going to procrastinate, but then I decided to do it later.

13. VyseTheLegend macrumors newbie

Same here. I've been trying to use my iPad to study for things. It has been working great so far. :D

14. Bierp macrumors member

Bierp

Ironically, it has quite the opposite effect if you're still waiting for yours to ship. :D

15. Godzirra! macrumors regular

Godzirra!

also, you cant do 2 things at once. So instead of waiting for apps to boot everytime, you just put it off instead of switching quickly between surfing the web and looking at the flashcard app. But why would anyone want to do that?