iPad Pro iPad Photos Blurry

Discussion in 'iPad' started by brolfsen, Nov 20, 2015.

1. brolfsen macrumors member

So I chose to have my photos in the cloud to show on my iPad Pro and they all synced but they are blurry and look blown up. Is it supposed to be like this?

2. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

Unless you open the photo, it is usually a low-res placeholder to save storage space; if you open it, it will be downloaded and you'll have the full-res version that looks nicer. See if that's the issue.

3. glhaynes macrumors member

If you have an Internet connection, you should see a little circle indicator at the bottom-right showing progress as it downloads the full-res version.

4. artfossil macrumors 6502a

artfossil

Go to Settings<Photos & Camera<Optimize iPad Storage. Is it checked? If so, you'll view lower resolution versions.

5. brolfsen thread starter macrumors member

Thanks I'll try that!

6. brolfsen thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, I can't check until later when I get home from work but if I have it optimized to save storage can I tap to view a picture and have it full resolution while I am viewing it then when I exit, it return to a low res thumbnail? I only have a 32 GB iPP and I don't want to waste storage with photos.

7. artfossil macrumors 6502a

artfossil

I "think" so but I'm not sure. But I'm sure others know . . . . :)

I can say that I can view what I know to be a higher res photo on my iPad with high quality detail. What happens after I close it, I don't know.

I use Photos only for my lecture assets, studio process shots for social media, and personal photos and never give quality much thought. I can say that my optimized Photos library on my iPad is 1.5 GB and the iCloud version is 6.6GB so overall my Photos library is pretty "small". (I use Mylio for my professional archives and that library is much, much, much larger.)

8. MadeByApple macrumors member

Correct.

Keep in mind you need a wifi connection to view optimized pictures in full resolution or else you'll keep seeing blurry photos when you click on it.