iPad pin connector is bent....

Discussion in 'iPad' started by hellodon, Jul 13, 2010.

1. hellodon macrumors 6502

Anyone have this issue? Took it off of the dock this morning, used it for a little while and just went to put it back on and noticed the connection on the bottom is slightly bent making it so I can't push it back into the dock. I didnt do anything out of the ordinary, I've taken it on and off numerous times since I got it....it seems this must have slightly bent on my last removal from the dock or something....and there seems to be some very small glass crumbles that came out

I have an appointment this afternoon - but I'm just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and how Apple will handle it. I would hope they don't charge me for something like this...Ive done nothing wrong, always very careful with it and I've had iPod's and iPhones since the first gen iPod...never had an issue with the connectors... and its been the same one that's on the iPad for years

2. Definitiøn macrumors newbie

Can you post pictures? This would be disturbing if it was just normal wear and tear... I'm in the same boat as you... Many generations of iPods and iPhones and never had an issue with the pin connectors.