iPad plays ALL music/songs etc in chipmunk speed

Discussion in 'iPad' started by DuckSoup, Oct 12, 2010.

1. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

OK, this one has got me.

Got a new iPad last night. Loaded it with everything I had on my iPhone (apps and music) and upgraded a lot of apps to iPad versions.

Two oddball things happened. I downloaded a Yahtzee game iPad version (had the iPhone version on the phone) and the first oddball thing was whenever I used that games options to mute out the ANNOYING music, the split second I checkmarked music to off in that game, my iPod app started playing the song I last played this afternoon.

I shut down the song, went back into the game and put it's music back on, quit out of the game and then tried it all again and the same thing happened. So I re-did it all again but only turned the game's music level down to zero volume while leaving the music option checkmarked. Band-aid fix to an annoying problem.

About a half hour later I tried Angry Birds HD for the first time and I noticed the game's sound and music seemed fast. Played it a while anyway and quit.

Then checked out some YouTube videos and they were ALL playing fast...James Taylor was a chipmunk!?!?!? So was Sheryl Crow.

I quit that and tried my iPod and Bill Haley & The Comets were chipminks. So were The Beatles. All the music was like 3x speed.

So I shut down the iPad totally (held down Home and the on/off button until the "slide to turn off" came on. Waited a few minutes, turned it back on and the music is STILL fast!

Any ideas? (I know I can restore, but there are like 5 paid apps I downloaded and have not yet synced to my computer)

Thanks in advance!!

Mike

2. LiloThePleo macrumors 6502

Don't worry if they are synced or not you can redownload them for nothing, definitely do a restore.

3. 3lionsbecks Suspended

3lionsbecks

do you have the 3x speed button pressed by accident?

I did that once and it was causing a podcast to fly through at 'chipmunk' speed. Check up by the song info and if you reset it to 1x speed you should be set.

4. Amazing Iceman macrumors 68040

Amazing Iceman

Yeah, that could be the problem! Your music files should be safe, as iOS is setup so no apps can alter the content of other apps, specially music!
    Just re-check your settings and you'll be able to fix it.

5. DuckSoup thread starter macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

Where is this 3X speed button? And would it effect YouTube videos, sound in games etc? (voices sound fast in speaking games).

Basically, ALL of my sound is fast.

Mike

6. hsotnicam8002 macrumors 6502

hsotnicam8002

I'd like to hear that effect in Angry Birds, it sounds fun!

7. DuckSoup thread starter macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

Anyone?

I'm wanting to hold of on restoring so I'm living with the sped up sound.

Mike

8. omgitscro macrumors 6502a

omgitscro

You can download and play a podcast to access this control.

9. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

cool, sell it now for a profit. you got the special, limited edition chipmunk version.

10. Applenewstoday macrumors regular

Applenewstoday

+1 :D

11. Jeffrosproto macrumors 6502

I had this problem a while ago, turned out it was a game (Fruit Ninja HD) that had been exited at a certain time caused it. I just opened the game, played it for a while, and the problem was fixed.

12. DuckSoup thread starter macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

Well, four days passed, so figuring no one was going to answer questions I had to the non-detailed replies on what could be causing my problem ("is your 3X button pressed", "recheck your settings and you'll be able to fix it.", "download and play a podcast to access this control"), I restored yesterday and it fixed the problem of course.

Still, I am certain it will happen again, so I ask again, where is this "3x speed button"? etc etc.

I've looked and looked and found nothing. Did a search of the iPad users guide and found nothing. Googled...nothing.

Does it even exist? Was I being messed with?

Mike :)

13. 3lionsbecks Suspended

3lionsbecks

Sorry, I didn't check back in 'till today.

The 3x speed button is in the on screen controls when playing a podcast or video.

When you start the podcast and the time bar etc is at the top of the screen there should be a 1x box right under the time remaining. If you tap that it will change to 2x, 3x and even 1/2x which changes the speed.

Sounds like yours was stuck on....probably needed a reset (not necessarily a restore) but since it is working you are set now.

14. DuckSoup thread starter macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

Below is a screen shot of Star Trek and I see no 1x, 3x or whatever. I fooled around with the time bar itself dragging back and forth and never saw any 1X, 3X etc. Your explanation does though sound viable for the problem. Still, would that effect sound on all music and voice or music within games? Try it on yours and see?

Anyhoots, I'm resting this problem until it occurs again (if it does).

Thanks for the reply!

Mike

[​IMG]

15. EssentialParado macrumors 65816

I'm not quite sure where these guys are getting this information. Maybe they're pulling your leg. There is no 3x button, and there is no speed changing buttons at all on videos. There is only the 1x, 2x, and 1/2x button and it only exists when listening to a podcast from iTunes.

16. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Yeah. You can speed up video playback by holding down the forward arrow, but there're no 1x, 2x, etc buttons. Maybe they aren't necessarily lying on purpose, but just misremembering how they got the video to speed up.