iPad Power Adapter "Prepared for Shipment"

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by mtehonica, Apr 8, 2010.

1. mtehonica macrumors regular

Just checked my order status and it shows that my "IPAD 10W USB POWER ADAPTER-USA" is Prepared for Shipment. Seems like "Late April" to Apple means early/mid April. Let's hope that this means the same for those of us waiting for the "Late April" shipping of the 3G iPad. At least I'll have a power adapter to add to my iPad case while waiting for my 3G iPad to ship lol

2. zinka macrumors regular

What's the big deal? The iPad already comes with a power adapter. This is just an extra one.

3. leesweet macrumors demi-god

leesweet

Well, I always wondered how a part that came with the iPad could be constrained like that. And it's the same as the iPhone one, with beefier parts. The iPad specific items (case, dock), okay. But a power supply that comes with the device? Did we all order that many spares to have at work/home/wherever? :)

4. bluehaze013 macrumors 6502

Yea I don't get it either LOL I almost ordered one because I assumed you had to purchase it seperately but luckily I didn't. I guess they are just selling it as a spare in case you break the one that comes with the ipad. Or if you want to have an extra one for the office or something.

5. WiiMarioHacker macrumors member

I think this will happen to the 3G iPad; because my iPad Keyboard Dock arrived today, and was originally scheduled to ship April 15 and arrive on the 20th. Even THAT was stated for "late April." Seems like "late April" does mean "early/mid" April to Apple.

6. mj1108 macrumors 6502a

What I don't get is that the one you buy separately has a longer USB cable that comes with it than the one that comes with the iPad. I'd really love to have the longer cable but don't want to pay that much for it.

7. zinka macrumors regular

I don't think it's a longer USB cable; I think it's a longer power cable. Same as the ones that come with Mac power adapters. I had a few lying around from old Mac power adapters; you might too.