iPad pre order at Best Buy?

ChrisTX

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
So I have some gift cards I would like to use up on The New iPad. Any idea if they will be taking any pre orders or is showing up early my best bet? I'll buy it from the Apple store if I have to but would rather buy from Best Buy in order to use the gift cards. Any additional info would be appreciated.

rkahl

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2010
Use the gift cards for something else. Any store other than Apple during this type of event is just asking for trouble.

mlynchmob16

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2010
Dublin, OH
I called Best Buy today and they said they will be taking preorders both in store and online, but did not kno when they would begin. This was around 3:30 pm today that I called.

AR15MBP

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2009
USA
Use the gift cards for something else. Any store other than Apple during this type of event is just asking for trouble.
disagree. first ipad release was a breeze on the saturday morning after its release at best buy. if anything apple is a disaster simply because of the volume of people.

ChrisTX

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
I was thinking the same thing. But hoping there might be luck for me, hrmm.

I called Best Buy today and they said they will be taking preorders both in store and online, but did not kno when they would begin. This was around 3:30 pm today that I called.
I checked their website, and didn't see anything listed. Worst comes to worst, I'll line up at the Apple store early that Friday and score one that way.

Last edited:

EIGHTYTHREE

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2012
now i don't know this for sure but can't you just buy apple gift cards at best buy and then use them at apple.com for your preorder purchase...ive purchased other Gift cards with my Best Buy gift cards but just not Apple/itunes ones...so I assume you can. Just call and verify. If so, then there's an option for you.

rkahl

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2010
disagree. first ipad release was a breeze on the saturday morning after its release at best buy. if anything apple is a disaster simply because of the volume of people.
Yeah, but look at overall complaints and then come back here on the 16th, the 17th, and on.

Drag'nGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2008
I'm going to BestBuy for mine. There isn't an Apple store near me, just authorized resellers and BB will have the most product.

ktmracer350

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2011
Best buy should be a good option and they should get a nice amount of stock but, other stores like walmart, etc. usually have very low stock.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
Best Buy inventory is based on what Apple feels like shipping them. While there's nothing wrong with buying from BB, it can be very unpredictable. They have zero control & that's how Apple likes it.

urkel

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2008
I preordered for my dad and wife at apple.com but the limit of 2per house means I need to buy mine in store. I like BB because I get 18mo to pay it off, 45day return policy (silver level customer) and with reward zone I get a few rx dollars to spend later. So if anyone gets preorder news then share it here.

foxnews1

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2010
I too will buy from local Bestbuy. if I have any issues with the screen (yellow/tint), I can exchange for a new retail box one. if you buy from apple, they exchange with a black box version.