iPad pre order at Best Buy?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ChrisTX, Mar 7, 2012.

1. ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

So I have some gift cards I would like to use up on The New iPad. Any idea if they will be taking any pre orders or is showing up early my best bet? I'll buy it from the Apple store if I have to but would rather buy from Best Buy in order to use the gift cards. Any additional info would be appreciated.

2. rkahl macrumors 65816

Use the gift cards for something else. Any store other than Apple during this type of event is just asking for trouble.

3. mlynchmob16 macrumors regular

I called Best Buy today and they said they will be taking preorders both in store and online, but did not kno when they would begin. This was around 3:30 pm today that I called.

4. AR15MBP macrumors regular

disagree. first ipad release was a breeze on the saturday morning after its release at best buy. if anything apple is a disaster simply because of the volume of people.

5. ChrisTX, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012

ChrisTX thread starter macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

I was thinking the same thing. But hoping there might be luck for me, hrmm.

I checked their website, and didn't see anything listed. Worst comes to worst, I'll line up at the Apple store early that Friday and score one that way.

6. EIGHTYTHREE macrumors member

EIGHTYTHREE

now i don't know this for sure but can't you just buy apple gift cards at best buy and then use them at apple.com for your preorder purchase...ive purchased other Gift cards with my Best Buy gift cards but just not Apple/itunes ones...so I assume you can. Just call and verify. If so, then there's an option for you.

7. rkahl macrumors 65816

Yeah, but look at overall complaints and then come back here on the 16th, the 17th, and on.

8. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

I'm going to BestBuy for mine. There isn't an Apple store near me, just authorized resellers and BB will have the most product.

9. brand macrumors 601

brand

You could get it straight from the horses mouth and call Best Buy.

10. ktmracer350 macrumors member

Best buy should be a good option and they should get a nice amount of stock but, other stores like walmart, etc. usually have very low stock.

11. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Best Buy inventory is based on what Apple feels like shipping them. While there's nothing wrong with buying from BB, it can be very unpredictable. They have zero control & that's how Apple likes it.

12. ChrisTX thread starter macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

I checked the Best Buy website and saw nothing, and I figured someone here might have an answer.

13. urkel macrumors 68030

I preordered for my dad and wife at apple.com but the limit of 2per house means I need to buy mine in store. I like BB because I get 18mo to pay it off, 45day return policy (silver level customer) and with reward zone I get a few rx dollars to spend later. So if anyone gets preorder news then share it here.

14. foxnews1 macrumors 6502

I too will buy from local Bestbuy. if I have any issues with the screen (yellow/tint), I can exchange for a new retail box one. if you buy from apple, they exchange with a black box version.