iPad Pre-orders in Japan!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kdum8, Mar 12, 2012.

1. kdum8 macrumors 6502a

kdum8

Anyone had their iPad delivered in Japan yet?

I received a message yesterday from Apple saying they were going to deliver today! After getting excited that somehow I was getting my iPad 3Gen early, it turned it is was just the smart cover! :eek:

More waiting. Just checked the delivery status and it says April 7th!! Wahhh :apple::apple:

2. icerailson macrumors newbie

If you type 新しいiPad in twitters search box you're gonna see lots of Japanese people surprised about getting their smart cover before the iPad.
    ;)

3. kdum8 thread starter macrumors 6502a

kdum8

Right you are! 残念でした、:)

4. kamonohashi macrumors newbie

Yeah, lots of people seem to be getting e-mails about their "bathtub covers" being dispatched ;-)

About the iPads themselves, it appears there are two cases :
    - iPads with engravings, which are being shipped directly from Shenzhen. People who got those and preordered on the 8th have already received notification that their devices are en route.
    - iPads without engravings. According to some sources, those are currently stored by Apple in the Shutoken area, and notifications will only be sent once the devices are dispatched from there.

I preordered a White 32GB Wi-fi only device on the 8th (right after the store came back online in the early morning), no engravings.
    My status changed yesterday from "processing" to "preparing shipment". ETA remained unchanged, March 16th, 2012.

5. kdum8, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2012

kdum8 thread starter macrumors 6502a

kdum8

Great thanks. I have one engraved (64GB), and another engraved (32GB), both black on order. I didn't place the order until a day after the store came back online though so I might be a few days behind the 16th.

6. kdum8 thread starter macrumors 6502a

kdum8

Just checked my Delivery status on the Apple Site via Apple ID log-in and it says that my iPad 3 is estimated to arrive on April 7th! Slipping dates... Aggggg :eek:

7. Archer1440 macrumors 6502

Archer1440

I fly to Tokyo a couple days after my new iPad is delivered on the 16th- any of you in Japan know if Yodobashi will have rear covers compatible with the 3rd gen devices?

8. kamonohashi macrumors newbie

At this point, I'd say if you want to grab one before April, you're probably better off lining up on Friday morning.
    Alternatively, you could also phone some big retailer like Yodobashi or Bic Camera and ask if they're still accepting preorders.
    Yesterday, people on 2ch were reporting 32GB and 16GB being available pretty much everywhere, so it might be worth a shot.

I'd say chances are pretty high.
    They already appear to have some readily available on their website.
    http://www.yodobashi.com/ec/category/index.html?query=&cate=&word=新しいipad+カバー

9. icerailson macrumors newbie

10. SaSaSushi, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2012

SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

Just preordered a black 32GB 4G (3G) at my local Softbank this afternoon. They said they didn't have many preorders at that store and I could be looking at Friday delivery.

11. kamonohashi macrumors newbie

Just got mail.
    Mine's on its way. Should be here on Friday. Nice !

12. kdum8 thread starter macrumors 6502a

kdum8

Wow, great. Be sure to report back if you do get it. Both my iPads have engraving ordered for them so I might be looking at a delay due to that alone. So want to get my hands on it... :p