iPad print connection to HPC7250 Series

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by aleksh, Dec 2, 2010.

1. aleksh macrumors newbie

Is it possible to print web pages, calendars, notes etc. from my iPAD through my regular HP C7250 wireless printer if it does not have eprint functionality?

My iPad does not recognize it eventhough it has the latest software version. I downloaded the HP app which works fine but only lets me print pictures and saved files and not anything I have on my screen.

Any solutions out there? I do not want to buy another printer as this one is only about 2 years old at most and works fine. I think either HP or Apple should have an app or download to resolve.

2. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

3. jdoo macrumors newbie

One solution, pretty well documented all over the place, is to use GoodReader, DropBox, and just about any printer you are connected to. I can post a link - but there are literally dozens of sites explaining how to set things up. I currently DropBox from my iPad to my Canon printer, connected up through a Windows pc.

4. KevKaos macrumors 6502

If you also have a Mac computer, Google "air print hacktivator". Its free (donations requested), and it works for me with my Canon printer. It may not do everything you want to do, but it's a start.

5. Fulcrom macrumors newbie

Its not cheap but it works

After trying all flavors of print apps , i choose Eurosmartz PrintCentral for Ipad, you will have to load a small print server on your PC or Mac but it works great, I have it running on my MB 13, HP notebook, dell desktop at work with variety of printers wireless, wired, HP, Canon, Lexmark and they all work.

It also works on an three year old HP DJ F series i got from walmart wired.