iPad Printer

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by SoCalRich, May 15, 2010.

1. SoCalRich macrumors 6502

SoCalRich

2. Surely Guest

Surely

Um...... the iPad can't print yet.:confused:

Maybe revisit this thread when it can.........

3. SoCalRich thread starter macrumors 6502

SoCalRich

Yup... I also have heard that it can... at least "screen prints" using ePrint along with web pages etc. So who knows...? That's why I'm checking it out here...

So...WTF.... It's hard to believe that the iPad would be produced with out a way to print... what a fupaw... What's up Steve???

4. Surely Guest

Surely

5. RoarinRow macrumors regular

RoarinRow

I usee ePrint. It prints my emails, web pages, photos etc. From my iPad and my my iPhone. I originally had it for my iPhone.

6. SoCalRich thread starter macrumors 6502

SoCalRich

Which are you printing to? A network connected or wireless printer? If it's a wireless, what brand & model?

7. SoCalRich thread starter macrumors 6502

SoCalRich

Ya... right... I got that... LOL.... I have read somewhere Apple is working on an app iPrint... I wonder... speculation or ????

8. RoarinRow macrumors regular

RoarinRow

I'm printing to my Epson Artisan 800 wireless network printer.

9. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It can with an app and will likely be purchased by (and already has been) people who need/want printing now. ;)

10. Tulipone macrumors 6502

I have tried both the free Print Magic app and Print n Share. Neither do exactly what I want - that is proper WiFi printing to a Samsung CLP 300N laser printer.

I can use the printer as a shared resource through a computer, but I want not to have to turn the computer on and just use the printer from the iPad. I can see the printer through both a browser (I can control the printer through the browser and trigger test prints) and both the other apps - they just don't quite finish the deal and print.

I am sure that other printers with different protocols will work, but be aware that it is not all plain sailing for everyone yet.

To be fair, Print Magic have a free test app and I am getting a refund for Print n Share.

11. barefeats macrumors 65816

barefeats

PrinterShare is a free app that is working fine for me until Apple adds print support.