iPad printing apps

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by leons, Sep 7, 2010.

1. leons macrumors 6502

All the printing apps for the iPad seem to have mixed reviews. They are also (relatively) expensive. With the advent of native printing coming to the next update, I would have there would be a "fire sale" for these soon to be obsolete apps. But, strangely not.

2. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

Have you actually used any of them? I have found print-and-share the best.

I think it is a bit early for the fire sale as yet: It is still a few weeks away till iOS4.2 is released. AND we just don't know will native printing support ALL apps or just Apple Apps or even just iWork apps.

3. poloponies macrumors 68030

If native printing is a complete substitute then their value will drop to zero when 4.2 is released. Until that day, if people want printing they'll buy an app. "Fire sale" doesn't really apply, it's not as if people are going to say "well, printing will be free in 6 weeks but this is too good a deal to pass up."

4. Hammie macrumors 65816

Hammie

I've held off without printing so ar, I can wait a few more weeks until 4.2 is released. If the native printing is not satisfactory, then maybe I will look into the printing apps.

5. gatearray macrumors 65816

I'll be glad to see the convoluted field of printer apps go the way of the dodo bird. The developer EuroSmarz has what, like 5 different printing apps, the most expensive of which is $12.99? It's confusing and convoluted even for a savvy user, let alone casual ones who aren't even aware that 4.2 is coming and/or what it does. Good riddance!

6. leons thread starter macrumors 6502

Agreed. If they reduced the price tp .99 I would be prone to try one over the next few weeks.