Ipad Printing ?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by chico787, Dec 1, 2011.

1. chico787 macrumors newbie

I already know I need to buy an AirPrint enabled printer ... but what applications do I need ? I have the first iPad that came out ... also , is there any programs to make word documents ? like so I can make projects and stuff with the iPad ?

2. BugBytes macrumors regular

Microsoft is coming out with an Office suite for the iPad.

IDK when, but they said they are going to and I believe it's in the near future.

3. rever3nce macrumors 6502a

rever3nce

try using iwork (pages,numbers,keynote) that's what I use. I also use it ro print out my paperwork for school. I have an HP printer that has airprint. Works great

4. chico787 thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright but is it possible with the first generation of iPad ?

5. rever3nce macrumors 6502a

rever3nce

6. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Yes

7. chico787 thread starter macrumors newbie

8. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

I have the original iPad and I purchased a HP D110 AirPrint printer and the ability to print is built into the iOS system software. You don't need any additional apps to print. You also don't need to attach an AipPrint printer with a USB cable because the iPad will send print jobs wirelessly directly to the printer without going thru a printer or router. I only paid $69 for the printer and that included the ink cartridges. I already had two other printers but the new AirPrint printer was worth every penny. It was a three way, which allowed copying, scanning and printing.