Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Built

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
If you missed the Best Buy sale on 10.5 iPad Pros (512GB for $699), Walmart is offering the same deal, and has them in stock. Just ordered one and it’s arriving tomorrow.

Coupled with the fact that Best Buy no longer gives MyBestBuy points for Apple or Beats products, there’s less incentive than ever for me to purchase exclusively from them.

Hym tix

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2012
Sold, thats a great deal.

In other news... theres now a 64GB 10.5 pro for sale on swappa, less than a month old... flawless condition. Anyone interested? ?

Built

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
I ordered at around 8 pm PDT LAST night and it arrived at 11am PDT THIS morning with FREE shipping. Great deal. ?

Reactions: Hym tix

Hym tix

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2012
I ordered at around 8 pm PDT LAST night and it arrived at 11am PDT THIS morning with FREE shipping. Great deal. ?

I can’t wrap my mind around this... Walmart overnighted the iPad to you? ?

CaneCollegeboy

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2003
If you missed the Best Buy sale on 10.5 iPad Pros (512GB for $699), Walmart is offering the same deal, and has them in stock. Just ordered one and it’s arriving tomorrow.

Coupled with the fact that Best Buy no longer gives MyBestBuy points for Apple or Beats products, there’s less incentive than ever for me to purchase exclusively from them.

BestBuy no longer gives you points?

Built

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
BestBuy no longer gives you points?

Nope. After 10/21/19, MyBestBuy points are no longer given for Apple or Beats products.

I’m at the ElitePlus level of MyBestBuy, and I’m done with them. The bulk of my points come from Apple and Beat products and their decision is going to factor into any decision I make to purchase future items. There is no longer an incentive when I can get the same item, for example, on a price match at Target AND get 5% off with RedCard.
[automerge]1572821426[/automerge]

Last edited:

Wingzfan61

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2012
Nope. After 10/21/19, MyBestBuy points are no longer given for Apple or Beats products.

I’m at the ElitePlus level of MyBestBuy, and I’m done with them. The bulk of my points come from Apple and Beat products and their decision is going to factor into any decision I make to purchase future items. There is no longer an incentive when I can get the same item, for example, on a price match at Target AND get 5% off with RedCard.
[automerge]1572821426[/automerge]

You still get them by using a best buy credit card.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

Built

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
You still get them by using a best buy credit card.

I know. I got rid of my BestBuy credit card because I had far better deals on other cards. BestBuy suddenly became fsr less attractive for purchasing Apple and Beats products. I used to laugh at the concept of purchasing from Target but now it doesn’t look half bad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.