Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

28Gauge

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 4, 2011
DFW
I just ordered a iPad Pro 10.5 today because my first generation iPad Air is getting a bit long in the tooth. I noticed the MacRumors buyers guide rated it as a neutral buy. Why is this? As I understand it, this particular model has only been out in the market for a little over two months. I hope that I have not messed up by ordering one.

comptr

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2007
Arizona
I just ordered a iPad Pro 10.5 today because my first generation iPad Air is getting a bit long in the tooth. I noticed the MacRumors buyers guide rated it as a neutral buy. Why is this? As I understand it, this particular model has only been out in the market for a little over two months. I hope that I have not messed up by ordering one.
Nope, you did not mess up. The iPad Pro 10.5 was only released in June,2017.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
It's an editing mistake. Probably leftover from when they removed the 9.7 pro and replaced it with the 10.5 on the buyers guide

And I have noticed Macrumors doesn't always update the buying guide as they should. There have been multiple times in the past where a product had details on that page that was not updated or wasn't currently relevant in Apple's line up. Someone can always message an editor and they will correct it.

Sunshoopa

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2011
I did the same thing as you upgrading from the Air 1. You will NOT be disappointed. This things like a Ferrari in comparison.

28Gauge

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 4, 2011
DFW
My dear 1st generation iPad Air is really showing it's age. I am looking forward to getting this new iPad. It should be here this Tuesday. Now to find a new case/cover for it.

seble

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2010
Moving from an air 1st gen, I literally cannot emphasise how much more awesome this thing is. Touch ID, fluidity, speakers, and lack of reloading are the biggest things for me! Enjoy this gorgeous device

Reactions: Precursor

Sunshoopa

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2011
My dear 1st generation iPad Air is really showing it's age. I am looking forward to getting this new iPad. It should be here this Tuesday. Now to find a new case/cover for it.
I made a leather sleeve myself (with help). Hand sewed it. Took hours of work but was worth it. I use it naked, then put it in the sleeve when I’m not using it. I don’t have the Apple Pencil currently, so I didn’t sew on a thing for it, but when I get one I’ll just sew it on.

Of course not everyone’s gonna want to hand sew leather :p.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.