iPad Pro 10.5 light bleed

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Zeusus, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Zeusus macrumors member

Zeusus

Does anyone else have slight lightbleed/light boxing across the bottom of their iPad Pro. It is very subtle on mine and is most apparent on baby blue or light grey background. It catches my eye when scrolling left and right.

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

3. cgolca macrumors newbie

cgolca

Yeah I have the same exact thing but this is my second one today. I first ordered the Space Gray and when it arrived I noticed right away it took awhile for the screen to just show the Apple logo after I held the lock button. Also white lines flashed across the screen when it turned on. So I exchanged it at the store for a Gold one and I can notice light bleeding from the bottom along with a tiny scratch on the chamfered edge above the charging port but I'm going to keep it. I would rather have those "issues" than something worse.

4. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

Had a 256 and now a 64

256 had a really obvious yellow strip of light bleed at bottom

This one has it too, but a lot more faint imo

Both start with DM serial# wise

5. alFR macrumors 68020

Nope, nothing noticeable even on max brightness with a black screen in a dark room.

6. Zeusus thread starter macrumors member

Zeusus

Yup... Have put in for a replacement. Hopefully I'm not playing the lottery...

7. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

This is normal. I think you should just enjoy your new iPads and stop worrying about tiny details.

8. Zeusus thread starter macrumors member

Zeusus

Mine isn't so much when it is dark, it is when there is a white or light coloured background. It is as if the backlight is too close to the panel edge. Image what it would look like if you had about 10 lights in a line aimed up at the bottom of a white wall... There are bight spots and dark spots... Almost like beads... That is the best analogy I can give... If it were just black screen light bleed at full brightness in a dark room, I wouldn't think twice... This is not normal..

9. Closingracer macrumors 68020

I'm actually surprised I have not noticed it yet and this is after I played a movie for an hour on this .

10. myrtlebee macrumors 68020

myrtlebee

What you describe is what's known as "spotlighting" I believe. It is a pretty common defect to come across - on older iPhones moreso than iPads. Return it.

11. blackberrycubed macrumors 6502a

you have received a unicorn instead of an ipad.

12. Closingracer macrumors 68020

No ... my last few iPads never had this issue . The ones I kept because of other issues like wanting different capacities and dust under the screen I never had light bleeding issues .

13. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

No light bleed on my 10.5", watched a couple of videos with dark scenes and could not detect any light bleed. Unfortunately light bleed can affect any LCD screen, hopefully if people return theirs, they will get an iPad without the light bleed.