Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rxtiger

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2010
Anyone receive their iPad from this deal yet?
Nope. I contacted Walmart and so far gotten the run around. I am now told they are on backorder, but will be shipped in time to meet my initial estimate, June 26. We shall see. The webpage indicates they have stock.

Reactions: max2

brianric

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2011
For those that might miss this Wal-Mart deal, keep in mind that B&H Photo does not charge sales tax unless you live in NY or NJ. You can save the same amount of money or more.
That's why I go over the bridge to Delaware to avoid NJ sales tax and go to the Apple store in Newark DE. Besides, I got $15 off the 10.5" 256 GB and $10 off Apple Care as I'm a photographer for the American Cancer Society.

Jensend

macrumors 65816
Dec 19, 2008
Anyone receive their iPad from this deal yet?
Got mine on Friday. Way earlier than the original estimate. 64 GB white/silver. I was leaning towards getting a 256 space gray, but it was sold out when I placed my order.

iosuser

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2012
Costco has the 256GB wifi in space gray for $719 at the stores. Bought mine today from there. Not much of a discount but better than nothing, plus you get the Costco benefits. Wanted to buy at Best Buy but the stores around me don't carry the 256.

jterp7

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
Costco has the 256GB wifi in space gray for $719 at the stores. Bought mine today from there. Not much of a discount but better than nothing, plus you get the Costco benefits. Wanted to buy at Best Buy but the stores around me don't carry the 256.

just keep in mind its part of the shorter 90 day policy. I personally haven't returned anything that falls under this umbrella just yet so can't share my experience with these.

iosuser

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2012
just keep in mind its part of the shorter 90 day policy. I personally haven't returned anything that falls under this umbrella just yet so can't share my experience with these.
I didn't mean just their return policy, although 90 days on electronics is still plenty generous. Other benefits from Costco include their "concierge" 2yrs service, and double dip on the rewards program if you're both an executive member and has Costcos Citi Visa card.

If you're referring to their other return policy, no I don't have the thick skin to return an old mattress or a grease covered old BBQ grill, or a 2yr old iPad for that matter.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012

Was at my local store yesterday, no 10.5 Pros whatsoever. I will keep my eye on them getting some in.

HiItsMe

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
Did you ever receive your iPad from Walmart? I haven't, been going around and around with customer support.
Nothing yet. Customer support was no help. They charged my card on Friday though but no update on the order.

rxtiger

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2010
Nothing yet. Customer support was no help. They charged my card on Friday though but no update on the order.
My CC has been reauthorized twice, but nothing either. I am corresponding with tier 2 support who has reached out to the fulfillment team, but nothing yet. I would give up, but between the discounted price and associate discount, its cheaper than B&H.

Trogdor796

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2015
I didn't mean just their return policy, although 90 days on electronics is still plenty generous. Other benefits from Costco include their "concierge" 2yrs service, and double dip on the rewards program if you're both an executive member and has Costcos Citi Visa card.

If you're referring to their other return policy, no I don't have the thick skin to return an old mattress or a grease covered old BBQ grill, or a 2yr old iPad for that matter.
Just an FYI that Costco 2 year warranty doesn't include tablets, so it's just the normal warranty. I got my 10.5"'from Costco too, just figured I'd let you know.

jterp7

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
I don't think its excluded from the visa side of the extended warranty...someone correct me if i'm wrong about that.

Trogdor796

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2015
I don't think its excluded from the visa side of the extended warranty...someone correct me if i'm wrong about that.
Honestly haven't looked into it, as I just got my Costco membership and citi card, so i wasn't even sure what the card benefits like warranty and protection were.

Leney

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2008

It's not. The clarification provided was for the mention of the benefit of Costco's concierge 2 yr warranty, which does exclude tablets.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.