ipad pro 10.5inch apple smart cover so expensive

MyAppleWorld

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 1, 2005
Birmingham, UK
Are there any cheap 3rd party ones? I don't really want back protection unless it allows detachment of the front cover.

Anyone found anything? UK here

Greenmeenie

macrumors 65816
Jan 14, 2013
Order one from Amazon. They are identical to the apple covers but only cost like $9 bucks! I love apple, but i never buy any of their cases

chscag

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
I also recommend going to Amazon. I purchased a clear cover they were selling for $9.95 and it's great. I also have the smart keyboard from Apple and the cover does not interfere with the keyboard.

Rstyle2016

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2016
Pacific Northwest
I also recommend going to Amazon. I purchased a clear cover they were selling for $9.95 and it's great. I also have the smart keyboard from Apple and the cover does not interfere with the keyboard.
I tried looking for a "front" smart cover for Ipad pro 10.5 (non apple brand) and i cant find any. I saw cases that includes back and front cover attached to each other together.

Is there a non apple brand smart cover for 10.5 ipad pro?

NJHitmen

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2010
I tried looking for a "front" smart cover for Ipad pro 10.5 (non apple brand) and i cant find any. I saw cases that includes back and front cover attached to each other together.

Is there a non apple brand smart cover for 10.5 ipad pro?
Bumping this because I have exactly the same question. I'm looking specifically for a 3rd party Smart Cover alternative for the 10.5. Front only, nothing for the back of the device. Does such a thing exist? I've been poking around on Amazon but can't find anything. Maybe I'm just missing it?

NJHitmen

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2010
cheap one no good , good one no cheap
OK, but - is there actually a "cheap one"? I still haven't seen any alternative to the Apple cover. If there is indeed a cheap one, I'd like to give it a shot, even if it's crappier than the "good one".

Perene

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2015
Netherealm
I was able to find this one
https://www.amazon.com/Cover-Luxury-Stand-Leather-Tablet/dp/B073GJBDF2

Then I had the idea to look their reviews... not good:

https://www.amazon.com/sp?_encoding...derID=&seller=A1KYQEP5BGM7O2&tab=&vasStoreID=

A PURE WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY!... The Magnet is not strong at all, my Ipad pro falls all the time because of the magnet that disconnects from the side, I requested to send it back... JUST BUY THE APPLE ONE!

I reveived either a defective magnetic wireless charger or it is advertised it as having functions that it doesn't. When I reached out to LightNetSee for a solution to my problem, they ignored me and instead offered a minuscule discount on return business and ignored further messages. Rude.

I wouldn't trust any alternative that is available out there. I bought the Smart Keyboard, yet I am still wondering if I need a Smart Cover too, since I won't be typing most of the time.

Note: I also own the KHOMO rear case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.