ipad pro 10.5inch apple smart cover so expensive

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by MyAppleWorld, Aug 12, 2017.

1. MyAppleWorld macrumors 6502

MyAppleWorld

Are there any cheap 3rd party ones? I don't really want back protection unless it allows detachment of the front cover.

Anyone found anything? UK here

2. Simacca macrumors 6502a

Simacca

I would like to know this too. I can’t find anything in the UK

3. MyAppleWorld thread starter macrumors 6502

MyAppleWorld

I've just put my iPad Air 2 one on for now, it covers it 95% and shall wait for a cheaper one!

4. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

There’s an iPad Accessories forum which contains multiple threads discussing this.

5. MyAppleWorld thread starter macrumors 6502

MyAppleWorld

Thanks, I completely didn't think of that o_O

6. Greenmeenie macrumors regular

Greenmeenie

Order one from Amazon. They are identical to the apple covers but only cost like $9 bucks! I love apple, but i never buy any of their cases

7. itsmilo macrumors 65816

itsmilo

8. Rstyle2016 macrumors newbie

Link pls.

I wonder if you get the one for 10.5 ipad (non-apple brand) or just a smart cover for old ipad models.

9. chscag macrumors 68000

I also recommend going to Amazon. I purchased a clear cover they were selling for $9.95 and it's great. I also have the smart keyboard from Apple and the cover does not interfere with the keyboard.

10. Rstyle2016 macrumors newbie

I tried looking for a "front" smart cover for Ipad pro 10.5 (non apple brand) and i cant find any. I saw cases that includes back and front cover attached to each other together.

Is there a non apple brand smart cover for 10.5 ipad pro?

11. NJHitmen macrumors member

Bumping this because I have exactly the same question. I'm looking specifically for a 3rd party Smart Cover alternative for the 10.5. Front only, nothing for the back of the device. Does such a thing exist? I've been poking around on Amazon but can't find anything. Maybe I'm just missing it?

12. mrallank59 macrumors newbie

mrallank59

I have the 10.5 iPad Pro. I use the otterbox defender case

13. ipos macrumors 6502a

14. Toucanet macrumors member

I am in search of Smart Cover alternative too to pair with the khomo back cover (I prefer 2 saparated pieces rather than a unique one).

15. NJHitmen macrumors member

OK, but - is there actually a "cheap one"? I still haven't seen any alternative to the Apple cover. If there is indeed a cheap one, I'd like to give it a shot, even if it's crappier than the "good one".

16. Perene macrumors 6502

Perene

I was able to find this one
    https://www.amazon.com/Cover-Luxury-Stand-Leather-Tablet/dp/B073GJBDF2

Then I had the idea to look their reviews... not good:

https://www.amazon.com/sp?_encoding...derID=&seller=A1KYQEP5BGM7O2&tab=&vasStoreID=

A PURE WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY!... The Magnet is not strong at all, my Ipad pro falls all the time because of the magnet that disconnects from the side, I requested to send it back... JUST BUY THE APPLE ONE!

I reveived either a defective magnetic wireless charger or it is advertised it as having functions that it doesn't. When I reached out to LightNetSee for a solution to my problem, they ignored me and instead offered a minuscule discount on return business and ignored further messages. Rude.

I wouldn't trust any alternative that is available out there. I bought the Smart Keyboard, yet I am still wondering if I need a Smart Cover too, since I won't be typing most of the time.

Note: I also own the KHOMO rear case.