iPad Pro $100 off at Best Buy!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by capathy21, Mar 13, 2016.

1. capathy21 macrumors 65816

capathy21

Best Buy has $100 off the iPad pro wifi only models this week.

Just in case anyone is thinking about pulling the trigger.

I purchased one for my wife last week, and went back today and got it price matched!

2. AreYouIn? macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

I just picked mine up today. They were $100 off not long ago and I waited one day to decide I really wanted the bigger screen. They were back up. I checked first thing today to see if they had dropped. Sold! 128 GB in black. I ordered an apple pencil from my work with my employee discount today as well. Should be here Wednesday.

3. urkel macrumors 68030

If anyone is looking for an iPad Pro deal then I'd consider a used one. It looks like the Air3 rumors have caused a lot of people to dump their Pro so if you're okay with a 3mo old used Pro then many of them are selling cheap on Ebay and are bundled with accessories that are normally overpriced (Pencil, Keyboards, Cases).

4. capathy21 thread starter macrumors 65816

capathy21

Originally I figured the pencil would be a waste of money, but I got one anyway. I love the pencil! Even though I can't draw or paint worth a damn, it's great for handwriting notes, navigating around, and using while remoting into my work pc. If you need to precisely select something that is too small for your finger, the pencil takes care of that. It's very impressive.

5. off_piste macrumors 6502a

Why is it the LTE models don't go on sale?

6. AreYouIn? macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

I'm not the best. Drawing is more of a hobby for me. I want to try and develop it a bit though. I figured might as well get the pencil if I am getting the pro. I might pick up the keyboard as well.

7. noodles5666 macrumors regular

Just took a copy of the Best Buy site to the Apple store to price match my 3 day old iPad Pro I just got. Just saved $100.

8. capathy21 thread starter macrumors 65816

capathy21

I was wrong. The LTE models are 100 off as well.

9. DTphonehome macrumors 68000

10. AliMacs macrumors 6502

You can get away with this with Apple products. You bring back to Apple Store and have them warranty repair any defects. BUT if you get a real bad one and based on that dealer feedback, you may be unlucky. for nearly a grand, I'm not going to buy it from eBay from that specific dealer. Sure you may say it's never happened to me having a bad buy from that seller but you don't have my bad luck, however.

Buy from B&H - they have same exact price and no tax outside NY. Or buy from bestbuy if you must.

11. DTphonehome macrumors 68000

B&H has it for $979. And between ebay's buyer protection and Amex purchase protection, I should be covered in the unlikely event of a problem, but your point is well taken.

12. AliMacs macrumors 6502

I wasn't trying to prick you off in any way - I just meant that even with the eBay buyer protection, it's a damn hassle and the wait time is annoying as well. I've been burned in the past with a Samsung S6 phone from that dealer! Sent me a clearly used phone took me 3 weeks to deal with it and yes I did get a refund but that hassle and feeling of being wallet raped left bad taste.

Worse is when the price is this good then you receive a bad one you can't just walk into a bestbuy and get a new one for same price but due to the lengthy time it takes to do a refund off eBay the deal is gone! With Samsung products you don't get to service it like you can easily with any Apple product. So that's why I mentioned you can get away with it with Apple products since there are stores everywhere to warranty issues. Good luck!

13. DTphonehome macrumors 68000

No worries, didn't take it that way. Just pointing out a nice deal. I bought one myself. I imagine the Air 3 won't have better specs, and after tax it'll probably be around the same price considering it won't be discounted for a while in all likelihood. Wasn't even in the market for a Pro, but I figure at that price it's worth it. I'll probably get a lot more use out of a Pro than an Air.

14. off_piste macrumors 6502a

Can you get apple care for one of these off of eBay?