Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dljor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 3, 2013
Hello

I charged my iPad pro full on Saturday. Left it sitting there until now - Tuesday.

The battery is completed depleted. What could have happened?

The battery drain chart is so strange...

IMG_0002.PNG

trionic

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2019
calle me crazy but, could be the Mail? jokes aside, maybe synchronization got stuck

dljor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 3, 2013
Fetch is set to automatic, same as my other iPads. never seem this behavior. It seems that the battery suddenly drained off ...

Momof9

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2018
Did you ever figure this out? My brand new 11" is draining to 0% overnight... Says lock screen is using up the battery. I also noticed it does not turn off after 2 minutes

jterp7

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
Did you ever figure this out? My brand new 11" is draining to 0% overnight... Says lock screen is using up the battery. I also noticed it does not turn off after 2 minutes

lol i was just asking about this yesterday after i paired the pencil with it. I did a hard restart with bluetooth off and it went back to normal but it sounds like its not tied to the pencil being paired since you have the same issue

Momof9

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2018
I read something about a new iPad adding files from the cloud. Sure enough it was working on my 6000 photos. Once that was done, it has been working great!

RevTEG

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2012
San Jose, Ca

do you have your iPad set you never turn off? I have the 2 minute turn off disabled on my iPad. I do that because I don’t like it to go to sleep while I’m teaching from it. Been using that setting for years so I’m just used to making sure I use the button to make it sleep or the Smart Cover set to make it sleep when closed.

Momof9

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2018
I do have it set to turn off after 2 min. I have set my to stay open longer when doing something. At that point I did not have it in a case (had a sleeve). Now the folio I have does the sleep / wake. I was thinking the sleep was not working, then I noticed it was within certain apps. I think it has a setting to keep it awake (pattern).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.