Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Oskarhhh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2014
Hi!

Does anyone know how much power ( amps ) the iPad gives when charging another device?

Thanks

muzzy996

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2018

"The USB-C port on the iPad Pro can power connected devices up to 7.5 W charging speeds. If you have a USB-C to Lightning cable, you can plug in your iPhone and charge your iPhone with your iPad. If you have two new iPad Pros, you can use the included USB-C to USB-C cable to connect them together and charge the other. One iPad will take power from the other at a time."

Reactions: ericwn

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016

"The USB-C port on the iPad Pro can power connected devices up to 7.5 W charging speeds. If you have a USB-C to Lightning cable, you can plug in your iPhone and charge your iPhone with your iPad. If you have two new iPad Pros, you can use the included USB-C to USB-C cable to connect them together and charge the other. One iPad will take power from the other at a time."

Thanks for being the first person to help the OP and not guess around but actually look it up.

Knowledge beats guesswork anytime.

Plett

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2016
Thanks for being the first person to help the OP and not guess around but actually look it up.

Knowledge beats guesswork anytime.
Fascinating turn of events. Curious, wouldn't your logic apply to the OP as well?

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Fascinating turn of events. Curious, wouldn't your logic apply to the OP as well?

I’m not sure if the OP did a search elsewhere, I found it however telling that two thirds of the contributions were completely useless.

Reactions: Plett

Plett

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2016
I’m not sure if the OP did a search elsewhere, I found it however telling that two thirds of the contributions were completely useless.
I get it, just interesting. I think the same way when I see both the searchable question as well as the guesses.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.