ipad pro 12.9 case for young professional

Discussion in 'iPad' started by triple-tap, Jul 1, 2016.

1. triple-tap macrumors 6502

Hello all,

I am looking for a more professional folio-type case for my iPad pro 12.9. I a blue ESR folio case from Amazon on it now. However, I have been using this iPad more and more in mediations, client meetings, etc. (unfortunately, I still have to use paper for actual hearings and trials). However, I am looking for a nicer, case that doesn't look so "cheap." I am trying to keep the price relatively low, as I just don't have the expendable funds for a Pad & Quill case so soon after buying the iPad + pencil.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Also, if you have a professional-looking case, feel free to post pics.

2. Smeaton1724 macrumors 6502a

Smeaton1724

I was in a similar predicament, for meetings the ESR silver I had just looked cheap (in my opinion), so my solution has been to use a sleeve designed for a Retina MacBook Pro 13.

In terms of footprint they work perfectly, as for thickness there is a bit of extra depth which at first annoyed me but then I picked up the Apple keyboard so the sleeve accommodates that too. The bonus is there's a pouch on the back which fits the Apple Pencil in.

Look on Amazon (in the uk it is the best place) for sleeves and see what you think. The downside is back protection when out of the sleeve, but so far so good and the iPad looks much better without the cheap plastic shell on it.

3. Andy847 macrumors regular

Andy847

Did you look at the Zoogue Genius Exec case? I have this one and love it, because you can set it at so many different angles. It gets great ratings and I would give it 5 stars. Only drawback i see in it, which is the case with other types of cases/stands, is you can't use it in Portrait, just landscape mode. It's professional looking and even has a loop for the apple pencil.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 1, 2016 ---
    Actually, If you're looking for a portfolio style that holds a pad of paper for you also, this one isn't too expensive. You can find better pictures of it on Amazon, under Fellowes MobilePro for Ipad Pro, although more expensive on Amazon. This link to Quill has it cheaper.

http://www.quill.com/mobilepro-seri...A_T_51645415&gclid=CInDndi_080CFQEdaQod9skKvg

4. Deane2000 macrumors member

Deane2000

Hey Triple - You won't find a more professional looking, nor professional performing case that this one -

12.9 iPad Pro Folio

While it is not inexpensive, like most things in life, you get what you pay for. There are so many iPad case options out there but so few of any quality. The lower price ones tend to look good and work OK for about a week or a month. Then they quickly deteriorate and become an embarrassment to be seen carrying around, especially for a young professional.

Another option you might want to consider is a briefcase designed specially for the 12.9 iPad Pro. It will keep your iPad safe and allow you to carry other items that a young professional might need. Again, while not inexpensive, the effect that it will have on your personal style and presentation will be priceless! :)

iPad Pro Briefcase

MacCase-Premium-Leather-iPad-Pro-Briefcase.jpg

Good luck with your search.