iPad Pro 12.9 fold silicone case

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by jor17, Nov 25, 2016.

1. jor17, Nov 25, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2016

jor17 macrumors member

I just bought an iPad Pro 12.9 today and was wondering what people suggested for a good case.

I currently have a CaseCrown Omni for my iPad Air and love it. It is protective, has a functional 4-way folding smart cover and has a nice micro twill exterior that has worn well after 2+ years.

I've tried searching these forums and Google for a similar style case: one that I can sit comfortably on my couch and rest the iPad on my lap or knee and that adds standing, multi-view angles with smart wake/sleep functionality.

I've never relied on Apple cases for my iPhones and iPads it seems that for what I'm looking for, Apple is the only option. But the Smart Cover has no protective which is what I want.

Does anyone have any other ideas? I do not need a keyboard. Just a folding cover to stand and a case with back protection.

Thanks!

2. Deane2000 macrumors member

Deane2000

Jor - it's refreshing to read a post from someone who knows exactly what they are looking for. As they say in Australia, "Good on ya" for that! Congratulations on your 12.9 purchase. That's a whole lot of iPad.

While there seems to be an ever growing number of low-end (aka - disposable) iPad cases available, the quest for a good case gets harder and harder. Better protection during ownership will yield a higher resale value when it comes time to upgrade to iPad Pro 12.9 2.0. And it's always important to remember you just brought the most expensive tablet computer on the planet.

In regards to what you are looking for: folding cover, easy to use while folded, multiple angles, smart wake/ sleep feature and back protection, I would have a look at something like this -

iPad Pro 12.9 Folio

This case does everything you are looking for plus, maybe a few more things as well. If you plan on using the Apple Pencil or similar stylus, it has what is arguable the finest protection for one of these available from anyone on any case.

Good luck with your search and congratulations again on your purchase.

3. jrs22 macrumors 6502

I have the 9.7. Version of this case:

https://www.stmbags.com/ipad-cases/dux-plus-ipad-pro-case.html

If you need heavy duty protection and don't mind the weight compared to the disposable cases this is something to consider. It's probably lighter and less bulky than leather. The pencil holder is a rubbery type material that encases the pencil and holds it securely. The smart function works well and the magnetic flap holds the case in typing and viewing positions. I'm not sure the viewing position works well in a lap. It's not a feature I need - but the typing position does. Available on amazon now so I suppose if the 12.9 doesn't function well it can be returned easily. I bought mine directly from the company before amazon had it in stock but I was happy with the case so that wasn't an issue.

4. Nick11Mac macrumors 6502

Nick11Mac

5. jor17 thread starter macrumors member

6. andy2141 macrumors 6502

I have the JETech one and it's been on my iPad Pro 12.9 for the best part of the year.

Still holding up well and very good for the price. It covers the back and front. Quality is really good.