iPad Pro iPad Pro 12.9 - Keyboard Shortcut Problem

Discussion in 'iPad' started by eggzbacon, Apr 12, 2016.

1. eggzbacon macrumors newbie

I have the iPP 12.9 with the Apple Smart Keyboard. I'm having issues with one shortcut not working, it's Command-Shift-H. For me this shortcut is very important, others might not use it as much. The only way I've gotten it to work is to rapidly hit the shortcut combo over and over. (I figured this out when frustration boiled over)

I'm not having issues with other shortcuts, for example: Command-Space, Command-Tab, Copy/Cut/Paste, Command-T, and Command-L all work great 99.9% of the time.

I've disconnected keyboard, powered off, reset iPad, getting nowhere... I've also exchanged the Smart Keyboard only to have the same problem.

My reason for posting is to see if others are experiencing this specific keyboard shortcut problem. I'm within my 2 week return window and will probably exchange the iPad for a new one. I would hate to have the same issue on the new iPad.

Thanks

2. jamesrick80 macrumors 68000

jamesrick80

It never works that well on my 12.9 ipad pro either....seems to be a bug so I don't even use the command anymore. ...

3. Serban Suspended

4. RedOrchestra Suspended

I can't find the MR thread, but I remember seeing this

CMD+Shift+H Broken on Smart Keyboard?
    iPad - MacRumors Forums - forums.macrumors.com

Anyone else with the iPad Pro Smart Keyboard notice that the CMD+Shift+H shortcut to go to the home screen is not working on 9.3? Or, is it just me? All other keyboard shortcuts work fine.

EDIT: Nevermind. I just found out that they changed the shortcut hot key from CMD+Shift+H over to CMD+H. I can't believe you've done this Apple...

5. Serban Suspended

Yes to go home screen i always press cmd h
    --- Post Merged, Apr 12, 2016 ---
    You can hold the cmd key and see the shortcuts and so on for the others
    This thread can be close...noobs :))

6. lssmit02 macrumors 6502

I was surprised by the change too, but two fingers instead of three is a nice, if minor, change.

FYI, if you hold the command key down on your home screen, it shows this (CMD + H) keyboard shortcut to return to the home screen.

7. eggzbacon thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys, I'll have to try it when I get home tonight. I was going by the online Apple documentation.