iPad Pro iPad Pro 12.9 refurb - Wait or Grab?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by justinb2987, Mar 6, 2017.

?

Purchase a refurb 12.9 now or wait?

  1. Wait

    34.8%
  2. Grab it and run

    65.2%
  1. justinb2987 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2016
    #1
    I'm looking at a deal on a refurb IPP 12.9 128 gb wifi + cellular from Apple for $150 off normal prices - I doubt there will be a discount more than that once the new models are released later this month. Should I wait to see if the refurbs or new stock of the prior model (stock is very limited as it is and likely to stay limited once new models are announced) get discounted once the new ones are announced, or snatch it up while I can?
     
  2. blaine07 macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2014
    Location:
    Oklahoma
    #2
    If you need it now there's no better time than right now! They're super capable devices and will retain that even through a new device release. If you can live without latest and greatest to for it. I'm skipping this iPad iteration personally but yes, your probably right that's probably about as discounted as 12.9 is going to get.

    With all due sincerity you need the device or you don't. We can't always hinge our needs on Apple. Even once a new one is released may be weeks before one can be in hand, if you will.

    If you need it DO it
     
  3. Hym tix macrumors member

    Hym tix

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2012
    #3
    You would probably save $85 or $100 if they release a new model and you buy the current model refurb and discounted further. I would wait, even though you risk refurb stock running out.

    others would rather have the iPad in hand sooner (and lose the potential discount).

    Only you know what matters more to you.
     
  4. boast macrumors 65816

    boast

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2007
    Location:
    Phoenix
  5. macgeek18 macrumors 68000

    macgeek18

    Joined:
    Sep 8, 2009
    Location:
    Northern California
    #5
    Grab it. I love mine and it's very very capable.
     
  6. Greenmeenie macrumors regular

    Greenmeenie

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2013
    #6
    I dunno. That is a good deal. But...There are always refurb deals. I know the old saying a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. However... Even tho inventory is low, I'm sure there will be deals on the current 12.9" up to and after the new ones are announced as well.

    So if it were me, I'd wait. Especially since we are so close to the announcement of new iPads. Who knows, you may prefer the tech on the newer models. Even if you aren't tempted to buy one of the new ones, there probably will be even better discounts on the previous version. It's win win.

    So yeah, I'd wait a couple weeks.
     
  7. Coolpher macrumors regular

    Coolpher

    Joined:
    May 8, 2008
    Location:
    Seattle,WA
    #7
    No matter what you always have 14 day return so if announce the new one and you change your mind you can always return this to the store that way you can compare the two

    I have had my 12.9 128gb w/cellular since December 2, 2015 and I love it
     
  8. bufffilm Suspended

    bufffilm

    Joined:
    May 3, 2011
    #8
    If you spot a good deal on the refurb, get it. Refurb stock is always low and doesn't last.

    Differences will be minimal compared to v2 unless true tone is a real want.
     
  9. Badrottie Suspended

    Badrottie

    Joined:
    May 8, 2011
    Location:
    Los Angeles
  10. AppleRobert macrumors 603

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2012
    #10
    I did not quite get that good of a price when I bought it from Best Buy but it was still grand larceny. :)
     
  11. justinb2987 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2016
    #11
    I finally bought it. It's great. Not looking back. That deal at Best Buy is nowhere to be seen anytime close to now.
     

Share This Page