IPad Pro 12.9" Smart Keyboard Glitch

Discussion in 'iPad' started by xWhiplash, Oct 2, 2016.

1. xWhiplash macrumors 65816

Hello,

Does anyone experience any issues with the Smart Keyboard with the iPad Pro? Mine will occasionally flash the battery icon and make the charging sound 4 times a second when the smart keyboard is connected. Simply disconnecting the smart keyboard fixes the issue. Is there a way to stop this from happening? It is a random issue, so its not like I can take it to the Apple store and show someone. I can't seem to reproduce this reliably either. I tried partially connecting the smart keyboard, but that did not cause this issue to appear.

Do I simply need to disconnect the smart keyboard when I am not using it? Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks.

2. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

Sorry, no. I haven't experienced that in the approximately 6 months I've owned the combo.

Has it always done that or just started? Are the smart connector contacts clean?

3. xWhiplash thread starter macrumors 65816

It has always done this. It seems to be completely random and it will sometimes go days without issues.

4. xWhiplash thread starter macrumors 65816

This happened again last night. I woke up to a "ding ding ding ding" sound and it was flashing the batter charge indicator several times a second playing the charging sound. I have absolutely NO idea what is doing this. This ONLY happens when the smart keyboard is connected while the iPad display is off. I have never had it happen while I was using the device.

Any advice or things I should try?

5. Fuchal macrumors 68020

I would get the keyboard swapped out from Apple, it sounds defective.

6. xWhiplash thread starter macrumors 65816

Ok. I will give that a try. You don't think it is the iPad itself?