IPad Pro 12.9 Stock

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Lucasdavidgray, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Lucasdavidgray macrumors member

What is with the iPad Pro 12.8 stock? I'm debating on buying an old one instead of waiting for the iPad Pro 2, but it will not be in stores until April 17! Why a month?

2. JD2015 macrumors 6502

Usually an indication that a new iPad Pro 12.9 is in the pipelines. Retailers will let stock totally run down.

3. Lucasdavidgray thread starter macrumors member

So April event?

4. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

No April event has been confirmed, even with 12.9 shortages, it doesn't mean we will see a refresh of the 12.9 model. It's been more heavily rumored a 10.5 model will release.

5. Lucasdavidgray thread starter macrumors member

Hopefully it will happen soon. I really want to get an iPad Pro

6. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

My guess is April doesn't have a Keynote, we won't see a refresh until Fall 2017.

7. Lucasdavidgray thread starter macrumors member

Why would the stock be so low then?

8. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I can't speak for area. But I checked stores online in my area and it's widely available. Stock shortages doesn't necessarily indicate a Keynote is coming. There have been many times where hardware has been limited and has indication a refresh or a Keynote will happen.

Perhaps April is a possibility, but I think it might be Fall. Similar to how the 12.9 iPad launched in November 2015.

9. Icewind macrumors regular

Icewind

There are basically none to be purchased in Scotland. I'm waiting for a refresh of the 12.9 IPP, and can hold off, as my current Air 2 is fine. I'm an amateur photographer and use Adobe Lightroom a lot. It's great on the Air 2 but I really want the larger 12.9" screen to showcase my photos. It will also be great for watching Netflix and Prime in hotel rooms in the evenings.... Come on Apple.. get your act together.

10. DMVillain macrumors 6502a

I'm headed to Best Buy to buy a 128gb 12.9 pro right now.

11. Icewind macrumors regular

Icewind

You're damn lucky lol :D
    I shouldn't read these forums... Just makes me even more impatient. Enjoy your new pad when you get it.

12. rushmere macrumors 6502

rushmere

They've been mostly out of stock pretty much everywhere here in New Zealand for weeks now, and it seems to be a similar story in many parts of the world.

I initially assumed this meant a refresh was imminent, but they've now been in short supply for so long that I suspect it's not related to a refresh and it won't happen until the September to November timeframe (either at the same time as the new iPhones or more likely a few weeks later). I think Apple would have announced refreshed Pro models alongside the new iPad range if they had been ready to launch.

There's been some vague speculation that the stock shortage might be related to supply-chain problems rather than a deliberate stock run-down, but it's impossible to know for sure.

Personally, I've given in waiting and ordered a new iPad Pro 12.9 this week. I can't see any significant advantage in a possible bezel-free design, and any performance increases aren't likely to make a difference to real-world use for me, so I'm going with the current model.

13. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Maybe y;u can find them plenty at Apple refurb store, Craigslist, or eBay.

14. Maurier macrumors regular

There's not many 12.9 around. I checked Kijiji, Craigslist, etc.....
    Imho it's because this big tablets are not in high demand. To big and expensive for the average consumer.
    Apple didn't even bother make different colours for the smart cover on the 12.9.
    I wouldn't buy a 12.9 inch ipp atm, to risky. It's been around for a long time and it's a first gen product. It's likely going to be completely redesigned and you will take a massive hit on the resale value of the current 12.9 ipp.
    They might also reduce the price on them? After all the crap they took on the new MBP.
    They just released a new ipad. If they were going to release the new ipp that would of been a great time to do it.
    Samsung set a date for the release of the S8. This is a great time for Apple to hit with the new ipp, they would still the show.
    Who knows

15. DMVillain macrumors 6502a

Thanks, on it now and loving it!

16. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Lol, waiting impatiently here, too.

I want the 256GB LTE model (or heck 512GB if Apple by some miracle releases one) and I've yet to see a decent sale on those. Don't fancy paying full retail ($1,129) for more than one year old tech.

17. PrettyWings macrumors regular

Oh, he's going to love it. Using mine right now. These speakers, man ;)

18. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

Everybody keeps saying/thinking that low inventory in retail channels is an indicator of a new model. And I keep saying that it isn't... and when I'm proven right they still won't accept it.

oh well, you are free to believe that, and wait.