iPad Pro 12.9"v 2016 MacBook 13" touch bar

Discussion in 'iPad' started by KiwiAdventure, Jan 16, 2017.

1. KiwiAdventure, Jan 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2017

KiwiAdventure macrumors 6502a

I've been using for the past 4 weeks a new MacBook 13" touch bar and can say my iPad Pro 12.9" is hardly used now and will be used for outside use only. This MacBook is everything I have been looking for and surpasses my iPad Pro for screen quality, speed and ease of use.

It will be interesting what other users conclusions are.

2. acorntoy macrumors 6502a

Don't see why'd you want the screen sizes so similar, of course one device will be tossed to the side, and as the computer is much more capable, of course it'll be the iPad. Realized this when my 9.7 Air 2 became unused because I'd just use my 6S+ for a lot of tasks, it was even pretty similar to read. When I wanted a bigger screen I'd just jump Immediatly to my 15' RMBP. Got a 12.9 and its pretty much perfect, have a large phone for texting and email and such, the 12.9 iPad is used for Reading, Netflix and some web browsing. Then the computer is now used for when I have to do schoolwork or actually really need to run a number of programs at once.

3. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

This is why I dumped my 12.9 for the 9.7 pro

So I used my MacBook Pro again which I use daily with my 7 plus and 9.7 pro. All web browsing I pretty much use my MacBook and my iPad for apps

4. jamesrick80 macrumors 68020

jamesrick80

The large ipad pro really is not that useful...you are right to use your macbook pro more since it actuAlly can do a lot...reason why I switched to the windows 10 gold galaxy tabpro S...and sold my larger ipad

5. capathy21 macrumors 65816

capathy21

Yea, although I don't have a 2016, I picked up a 2015 and now I hardly touch my iPad Pro. The MacBook is much more capable and even for basic things, it's much easier to work with a trackpad.

6. RickTaylor macrumors 6502a

Everyone has different needs and wants.

I use both a MacBook Pro and a 12.9" iPad Pro and wouldn't want to give up either one. I'm a teacher, and the iPad Pro is my lecturing device. I use it as a virtual whiteboard, and afterwards I can send students pdfs of what we went over. It's also useful as a mathematical digital notebook, and as a device for marking up pdfs. The MacBook Pro is for writing exams, handouts, keeping a database of grades, running Mathematica, that sort of thing.

On top of that, I even have use for an iPad mini as a highly portable web browser, e-book reader, and GPS.

7. ascender macrumors 68020

I tried an iPad Pro last year as a MacBook Air replacement and it just wasn't quite there yet for me. I've since replaced it with a 13" MBP, but I've not taken the plunge with new monitors yet as I'm really interested to see what they do with the updated iPad Pros. If the OS has some more native support for the keyboard, I'll be tempted to sell the MBP, get an iMac for the house and switch to an iPad with Smart Keyboard.

8. dannie9120 macrumors newbie

dannie9120

I'm planning to buy a new iPad Pro 12.9" or 2016 MacBook 13" touch bar. Suggest me one that I could use it in my routine life. I'm a freelancer and a student too. So, I do work on several applications from technical aspect in coding websites, editing videos like camtasia, joomla, phyton and use several interactive exam dumps like exam-labs.com

I'm planning to undergo Mac or Microsoft Service Certification Exam for further qualification, so what do you think about the scope for a better income as being a technician?

9. theatremusician macrumors member

theatremusician

10. macgeek18 macrumors 68000

macgeek18

That's why I picked up my Mini. My MBP was competing with the Pro. Finally gave my wife the MBP and got a Mini hooked up to 24" monitor. Now I have a device for home and a device for on the go.

11. Seed101 macrumors 6502

Seed101

All the best with drawing on that new MacBook 13" screen.

12. Mathias Denichi macrumors 6502

Mathias Denichi

This is my same issue. While the iPad Pro is great, its still an 80% device for me, and I still cannot complete photoshop processes near as quick on pixelmator for iPad. However, it is time and I really need a full laptop to get away from my desk.