Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fearz

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2012
Hi,

I have a mgic keyboard & magic trackpad 1st gen and a iPad Pro 2018, I use mthem on my lap mostly, so clicking is not working (it has to be on a solid surface)...

My problem is im trying to gegt tapping to work on th trackpad, but its not working and i can't find this setting as some are taking screenshots from iOS 13.x but I can't find the setting at all for (Top-to-Click)...

Also some are saying this has feature has become a magic keyboard + trackpad gen 2.

Is that true? can someone get tap or double-tap to wokr on 1st gen trackpad on iOS 14.x

barbu

macrumors 65816
Jul 8, 2013
wpg.mb.ca
I haven't tested my Mk 1 trackpad but i have tried my Mk 1 Magic mouse and it is not fully supported. Reading up about it, it seems neither device is fully usable with iPad OS. You need the Mk 2 line for it to work as you expect.

Davidalan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
Hi,

I have a mgic keyboard & magic trackpad 1st gen and a iPad Pro 2018, I use mthem on my lap mostly, so clicking is not working (it has to be on a solid surface)...

My problem is im trying to gegt tapping to work on th trackpad, but its not working and i can't find this setting as some are taking screenshots from iOS 13.x but I can't find the setting at all for (Top-to-Click)...

Also some are saying this has feature has become a magic keyboard + trackpad gen 2.

Is that true? can someone get tap or double-tap to wokr on 1st gen trackpad on iOS 14.x
Settings, general trackpad (iPad OS 14.3)
IMG_0314.png

Reactions: barbu
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.