iPad Pro 2018 Smart Cover (not Smart Folio)

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by deuxani, Jun 6, 2019.

1. deuxani macrumors 6502

deuxani

I still have the iPad Mini 4 and after seeing iPadOS I’m finally ready to upgrade to the new iPad Pro (11” or 12.9”, I’m still undecided).

One of the things I don’t like about the iPad Pro’s is that Apple only sells a Smart Folio or Smart Keyboard case. I’m very used to the Smart Covers from before as you have the back exposed, you could still feel and see the device/design, easily detach it if you don’t need it, etc. I like to take the cover off all the time, so a Smart Folio would be too cumbersome for me.

Has anyone here found a Smart Cover for the new iPad Pro’s or do they not exist because of the magnet arrangement?

[​IMG]

2. AutomaticApple macrumors 65816

AutomaticApple

An Apple branded Smart Cover?

3. deuxani thread starter macrumors 6502

deuxani

Doesn't have to be Apple branded. I've been looking, but I can't find any.

4. Jessemtz25 macrumors regular

Jessemtz25

I've been using the Apple branded smart folio and while it’s ok I do wish they offered a basic smart cover for the front only. But then what about the magnets on the back?

5. sracer macrumors G3

sracer

I haven't found any. It is one of the reasons why I'm not buying the 2018 iPad Pros... I only use smart covers on my iPads.

6. deuxani thread starter macrumors 6502

deuxani

Especially with those flat sides you would expect it to be fairly easy and nice to have a Smart Cover. But I guess there are only magnets on the back now. I have seen one Smart Cover style cover, but it had a part of the attachment on the back (like 2 cm or so).