Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Delolia

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 4, 2016
Belgium
Hello,

I upgraded my 10.5 pro iPad to the new 11" Pro 2020 last week and I encounter an issue with the wifi everytime : it's blocked each time I unlock the iPad. My wifi is connected (all other devices around are ok), my iPad push me the notification (ex: messenger) but if I open the app, nothing is loading (I can see new message on my S20 but nothing on the iPad for example). After 30-40sec of loading wifi is "unlocked" and everything is fine .... until the next lock/unlock (if I wait several minute, if I unlock directly it's ok).

Do you know what can cause this? I am working for the operator of my internet line and I check the wifi on the iPad. 500mbps permanently, Wi-fi 5.0ghz all the time , no error and no disconnection :(

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Not sure what causes this. Is the router on the latest firmware? Does it happen on other WiFi networks sad well?

Reactions: metalsiren

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
Hello,

I upgraded my 10.5 pro iPad to the new 11" Pro 2020 last week and I encounter an issue with the wifi everytime : it's blocked each time I unlock the iPad. My wifi is connected (all other devices around are ok), my iPad push me the notification (ex: messenger) but if I open the app, nothing is loading (I can see new message on my S20 but nothing on the iPad for example). After 30-40sec of loading wifi is "unlocked" and everything is fine .... until the next lock/unlock (if I wait several minute, if I unlock directly it's ok).

Do you know what can cause this? I am working for the operator of my internet line and I check the wifi on the iPad. 500mbps permanently, Wi-fi 5.0ghz all the time , no error and no disconnection :(
Go to your local McDonalds and test out the WiFi there.

metalsiren

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2017
ok it sounds like it a wake from sleep issue.... was the router firmware upgraded? as someone else mention? if its a work wifi that one is going to be much harder.

EmkwanTV

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2013
Dubai
This is a similar issue I experienced. I suspect it might have something to do with connecting with 5Ghz WiFi.

Adarsh Sinha

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2020
I recently purchased the iPad and facing the same issue. It is working fine while using it but when I keep it aside for some time and then pick it up after some time the WiFi is connected but not working. Can anyone help me out ?

Last edited:

Adarsh Sinha

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2020
Hello,

What worked for you? Did you went to service center?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.