Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gw0gvq

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 30, 2012
Barry, South Wales, UK
I have an iPad Pro 2nd Generation and a MacBook Pro. I went on zoom the other Day and tried to Use my MacBook Pro but the input wasn't working, so I switched To. my iPad Pro and found the input wasnt working there neither, when I came off zoom ran a diagnostic test on my MA and found it was a hardware problem. On my IPad Pro I found the reason was my sound was muting on th iPad side . Can anyone tell me how I can turn the mute off on my ipad when on zoom please.

mikehalloran

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2018
The Sillie Con Valley
I ran into this the other day as well. Zoom has released a number of updates in the last few days. At the moment, I'm not experiencing this.

Your iPad will update automatically or you'll be notified depending on your Preference settings. With your Mac, you normally have to check.

Do you have calling enabled from your phone on your iPad? If updating doesn't work, try turning that off and see what happens.

mikehalloran

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2018
The Sillie Con Valley
How can you tell if you iPads been updated?
Easy. Go to App Store App. Click on your personal icon in the upper left and go to Purchased. It will let you know if your installed apps have been updated recently or your iPad is waiting for you to update them. Zoom will show that it's been updated recently or that one is waiting. The last iOS release was day before yesterday, I think, while the last MacOS build was yesterday 6.4.9.

Your Update Preferences will determine if your apps update automatically or not. I won't get into that debate as there are pros and cons either way.

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
I have an iPad Pro 2nd Generation and a MacBook Pro. I went on zoom the other Day and tried to Use my MacBook Pro but the input wasn't working, so I switched To. my iPad Pro and found the input wasnt working there neither, when I came off zoom ran a diagnostic test on my MA and found it was a hardware problem. On my IPad Pro I found the reason was my sound was muting on th iPad side . Can anyone tell me how I can turn the mute off on my ipad when on zoom please.
Wow! How old is your MacBook Pro?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.