iPad Pro 32GB

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Leo90, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Leo90 macrumors 6502

Is there anyone here using an iPad Pro 32GB like me? Do you guys think I should upgrade to 128GB? So far I am using my Pro for web browsing, streaming services and some gaming.

2. Dranix macrumors 6502a

Dranix

No way I could live with 32GB...

Attached Files:

3. Jasmynp macrumors 6502

Jasmynp

Upgrade. I say this not as a person who has lots and lots of apps but as a person who likes to be able to download things as I need to with ample room to spare. For example, my city is covered in snow right now. My husband and I charged all our devices and downloaded movies and shows that wouldn't be inaccessible via streaming if there were a power outrage. I got about 6 movies and 2 seasons worth of my favorite show on my 128gb mini 4 with room to spare. It will also have better resell value.

You may not ever need that much storage but it doesn't hurt to have it especially since the price difference isn't significant.

With that said, don't begrudge your choice. This forum and others like it can make us second guess everything. If you chose the 32gb because the pro was already expensive and the extra hundred bucks or so felt over the top at the time, but now you're thinking otherwise, I get that. If you can return or sell to upgrade, do so.

If 32gb is all you really need in most foreseeable circumstances, then stick with it. Most of us aren't or app hoarders and when this storm is over I'll likely delete the movies and go back to having something like 110gb of storage available. So most of the the time all that storage is a waste. I just like having it.

4. Eric5273 macrumors 6502a

I'd say that it really depends what you use your iPad for and how long you plan to keep it. I don't really need more than 32 GB of space right now, but I figure I'm going to use this device for 3-4 more years at least. I tend to be someone who keeps my devices until they are no longer supported. I'm still using an iPhone 4S (will probably replace this year) and I have a 2010 MacBook Pro. I prefer to get my devices fully loaded and then use them until they are no longer usable rather than get lower specs and replace every year or two. Also, I wanted the model with cellular, so I did not really have a choice. But normally I get the top model anyway.

5. doboy macrumors 68000

I plan to get the 32GB version since I would still keep my 64 GB iPad Air 2 as my main device.

6. friedmud macrumors 65816

I don't tend to load up my devices... but after a few years stuff accumulates.

Just this week I found myself "out" of space on my 64GB iPhone 6+. I just needed to go clear out a few unplayed games/apps and then I recovered a lot... but it's annoying to have to do that.

I've had my 128GB iPP since launch... and it already has 30GB of stuff on it without trying much.

For me, 32GB might be "enough" (in that I can do everything I want to within 32GB)... but it would also be annoying as I would have to shuffle stuff in and out of the iPad all the time. 128GB is probably "too much"... but that's a nice luxury to have because I most likely won't have to ever shuffle stuff around on this device.

If you have the cash, trade up.

7. malandra macrumors regular

I have the 32gig. I'm using less than 8 gigs, and I have nothing left to load. But I don't keep any media here, so ymmv. If you're just writing or designing, I can't see why 32gb wouldn't be enough. If you want to carry a whole bunch of movies around, consider upgrading...but since you're mostly streaming, I don't see why you'd need to.

8. beernut macrumors 6502

Also have 32gb with no need for more. (iPad 3 had 16gb and never got full)

9. donster28, Jan 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2016

donster28 macrumors 65816

32gb is fine for me and I still have 6GB left...had my iPad Pro since launch.

See, I don't store movies and lots of music...I stream. I also use a wireless hard drive which has 1TB's worth of movies in HD.

I also thought I needed the space to store stuff in the future, but you know what, I never did save a single movie or a massive file on my iPad. Specially now that we have lots of extra storage choices in the form of external drives, paying premium for a few extra Gb is a total waste of money.

I have an ample amount of apps on it too and I never keep ones that I don't use often. I don't know why people stock apps that they will just use ocassionaly, or will never use at all...it doesn't make sense.

This also pushes me to clean out junk apps and other stuff that will accumulate in time. Having 128gb will make you lazy and in time you will also have to do a clean up due to less space.

Resale value? Just take care of your iPad and get a great resale value at the end. It's all relative...you paid lesser for a lesser capacity and you will get a slightly lesser resale. That's all there is to it.

And yes, I already have a 128gb iPhone 6 Plus which I never exceeded 20gb on.

10. bniu macrumors 6502a

For iPad Pro, I tried out a 32GB model for a few weeks at launch, but it was really cramped for space, and plus, the lack of LTE annoyed me. Finally, I decided to pony up for the premium model and get the 128GB storage plus the LTE connectivity :D

11. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Not got one but I think if you are buying the pro 128Gb is a must

Saying that all my devices have 128GB as its better to be save than sorry

12. Tompogo macrumors newbie

Tompogo

I went for the 32GB simply because I am doing lots of uni work on the iPad pro, I am disappointed though with the storage options as my iPhone has more memory than my iPad pro ??. I have a 64Gb iPhone 6s it would have made more sense to have had the iPad pro as the two storage options 64Gb and 128Gb.
    I have used 4Gb of my 32Gb, although whenever I download an app I am storage watching which I hate.

13. Leo90 thread starter macrumors 6502

For now 32GB has been more than enough for what I do with the iPad as I use my 128gb Plus for media storage to

Exactly! A 64gb iPad Pro would be my choice, but Apple screwed us heheh. I think I will trade for a 128gb.

14. Leo90 thread starter macrumors 6502

I went to the Apple Store today, returned my 32GB and got a 128GB. Hopefully I wont have any regrets ;) but actually for the price difference it is definitely a better deal to get 128 gigs

15. Pakaku macrumors 68000

Pakaku

It doesn't sound like you're in major need for that much space... unless I'm severely underestimating the amount of space games on iOS take up.

If I watched more movies on the go, I'd probably go for the 128. But that would be the only reason, and there might be ways of taking advantage of a USB stick and a lightning-to-usb adapter...

16. doboy macrumors 68000

Got one of these (64GB) on BF for $50 and they work well.
    http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Light...ie=UTF8&qid=1453669345&sr=8-1&keywords=Ixpand

17. npolly0212 macrumors 65816

I have 32GB and had 1 GB left, only because I had a few moves on it that were 3+GB a piece. Once deleted I have 12GB available, and use mine for netflix, notes, microsoft office, some games, and web surfing..

18. macguy360 macrumors 6502a

The pricing on the iPad Pro is awful. Most often times memory increments double as price increases and for a device like this, the base storage should have been 64gb considering it costs $800. Then to have to pay $200 more dollars just for a bump up in memory is ludicrous, especially given the cost of memory is now less than $1 per gb everywhere else in the world.

The fact that Apple released the base model as a 32gb and then the next step up as 128gb is to purposely steer people towards purchasing the 128gb model. If it were $800 for a 64gb model and $1000 for a 128gb model, a lot less people would be purchasing the 128gb. Its all based in psychology.

19. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

I purchased the 32GB iPad Pro only because I'm still using my 128GB iPad Air 2 as my main tablet. My iPad Pro is for specialized uses thus I don't need all that space.