Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rsibajaaraya

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2018
Costa Rica
I bought an iPad Pro 64gb WiFi (newest) for Christmas an I’ve got different times a very thin black line on the middle of the screen.
It shows up for like a couple of minutes and disappear, it has happen like 7 times.
Does anyone knows more about this?

Attachments

• A6EE56A5-C0DC-4A17-AA1D-A7CFB2D9A366.jpeg
    A6EE56A5-C0DC-4A17-AA1D-A7CFB2D9A366.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 11,078

Greenmeenie

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2013
A blue vertical bar means that someone has set some apps up for access via switch scanning. People usually do this with communication apps. Go to Settings>General>Accessibility>Switch Control, and turn that off.
[doublepost=1545950737][/doublepost]If that doesn’t work, set up an appointment with an apple rep either online or at an apple store. But i have heard of this before, and it might be a simple adjust in settings. Try it, and let us know.

Rsibajaaraya

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2018
Costa Rica
A blue vertical bar means that someone has set some apps up for access via switch scanning. People usually do this with communication apps. Go to Settings>General>Accessibility>Switch Control, and turn that off.
[doublepost=1545950737][/doublepost]If that doesn’t work, set up an appointment with an apple rep either online or at an apple store. But i have heard of this before, and it might be a simple adjust in settings. Try it, and let us know.

Hi! Thanks for the tip.

I’ve checked and the switch control was already turned off.

I believe this has only happen when I play a game called Plunder Pirates (not sure if its happening only with that game).
I have only use the iPad for 4 days now, I will be using it more to see if it only happens when I use that game.

If not then I’ll go to an Apple Store. :(

Greenmeenie

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2013
Yeah, i actually wouldn’t worry. If it was a perminant screen defect, it would show up all the time. I think you’re right that it may be associated with a certain app or game. Perhaps try deleting the game and see if that helps.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Hi! Thanks for the tip.

I’ve checked and the switch control was already turned off.

I believe this has only happen when I play a game called Plunder Pirates (not sure if its happening only with that game).
I have only use the iPad for 4 days now, I will be using it more to see if it only happens when I use that game.

If not then I’ll go to an Apple Store. :(

If you only see the blue line when you are using a certain app then it is not a hardware problem.

Rsibajaaraya

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2018
Costa Rica
I have confirm now that is happening with more than one app.
I have also reset the iPad and the line appear as soon as I unlock it. ):
Also one time I took a screenshot while the line was on the screen and the line doesn’t show up on the screenshot, so I suppose it has something to do with the hardware and not software.
Fortunately the product is still under warranty so I will take to an Apple Store.

Alpha man 001

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2019
Hi. Just started a thread about this, then your's popped up. I've got a similar problem. Did you take it into Apple? What happened?
[doublepost=1562534295][/doublepost]Hi there... I am from India... bought a new ipad pro 11 inches just 2 weeks ago... worked less than 2 hours everyday cautiously. 3 days ago saw horizontal purple line blinking and today i see 4 to 5 similar lines. Going to icare tom. Will update soon.

WildJ

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2019
I bought an iPad Pro 64gb WiFi (newest) for Christmas an I’ve got different times a very thin black line on the middle of the screen.
It shows up for like a couple of minutes and disappear, it has happen like 7 times.
Does anyone knows more about this?
The same is happening to me too. It was after I downloaded 2048. The appearances of it have become fewer and fairer in between ever since I deleted the app. I’m going to get it checked at Best Buy in two days. Will fill you in.

Reactions: Hein Thuya Htet

Melcali82

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2019
I had something sort of similar on a 2018 ipp 12.9. Instead of a line, on my ipad it was about half an inch thick and flickered in different colors. Like emergency broadcast or those old school tv test color bars. At first it only appeared for seconds at a time maybe once a week then it kept getting frequent until it was permanent.

Purchased at a Best Buy but brought it to an Apple store and they replaced it without any hassle. Just had to wait about 2 days for the replacement to come in.

Reactions: Sunil Chowdhary

Hein Thuya Htet

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2020
Me too. my iPad Pro 11 inch model has a thin line on screen .but disappear with restart and then appears again. Does anyone know any solution? Thanks u
[automerge]1579413204[/automerge]
I have confirm now that is happening with more than one app.
I have also reset the iPad and the line appear as soon as I unlock it. ):
Also one time I took a screenshot while the line was on the screen and the line doesn’t show up on the screenshot, so I suppose it has something to do with the hardware and not software.
Fortunately the product is still under warranty so I will take to an Apple Store.
ro. I have same problem. What did they say when u took it to apple store? Did they give u a replacement?

Gendjo

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2020
any update on this topic? Did any of you guys managed to get rid of this issue?

Hein Thuya Htet

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2020
same issue just started on my 18 month old IPP. Seems intermittent
It’s hardware problem. If u have apple care, they will give u a replacement one. If not, u have to repair it. As for me , I got a replacement one.thanks to Apple care plan .

lowkey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2002
australia
It’s hardware problem. If u have apple care, they will give u a replacement one. If not, u have to repair it. As for me , I got a replacement one.thanks to Apple care plan .
In Australia we have a consumer law that Apple [and any other manufacturer] must cover the machine for 2 years, even if you dont buy Applecare. :) They just advised me to update to the latest OS to check its not that, but im pretty certain its hardware...

Reactions: Hein Thuya Htet

Hein Thuya Htet

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2020
In Australia we have a consumer law that Apple [and any other manufacturer] must cover the machine for 2 years, even if you dont buy Applecare. :) They just advised me to update to the latest OS to check its not that, but im pretty certain its hardware...

humayunr

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2020

Apple doesn't repair iPads. It doesn't matter if you have Apple Care or not, if it's still under warranty Apple will give you a replacement and it comes in a brown box with no accessories.

Carl23

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2020
Try turning off the screen rotation. That solved it in my iPad Pro 11 2018. Hope this helps on your end.

Rakesh Ravichandran

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2020
I've
Facing exactly same issue in iPad Pro 2020 .Any resolution to this yet..?
Keeping update of my query here :
Hi Sunil,

I'm facing the same issue with my iPad pro 2020. I took it to appe store , the service center people were not able to replicate the issue and just reset the iPad. They asked me to come after working for a while. Now after a week I'm seeing the same. They asked me to bring the iPad and they apple store people will send it to Apple for further screening.

Is this what happened to you? Or the store service center was able to replace for you? Could you please help me here?

Sneha Balasubramaniam

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2021
I've

Hi Sunil,

I'm facing the same issue with my iPad pro 2020. I took it to appe store , the service center people were not able to replicate the issue and just reset the iPad. They asked me to come after working for a while. Now after a week I'm seeing the same. They asked me to bring the iPad and they apple store people will send it to Apple for further screening.

Is this what happened to you? Or the store service center was able to replace for you? Could you please help me here?

Sneha Balasubramaniam

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2021
Hello all, I am facing the same issue. There is blue line across my iPad pro 2020 screen and it appeared suddenly. There was no damage caused to the iPad . Now I am worried as we are in a lockdown no one is ready to examine and they blame for physical damage without examining the iPad. The iPad is intact there was no damage caused to it. Has anyone from India faced the same issue and got a solution to it?

P.S. The iPad is 7 months old and is still under warranty.

Last edited:

Boni3990@

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2021

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.