Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dcmaccam

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 14, 2017
West Coast of Scotland
I am having a battery problem on my iPad Pro 9.7 Cellular since installing IOC 13.3.1
If I charge up the iPad fully (WiFi is on nothing else) then use it for a while the battery level dips rapidly. If I put it to sleep using the sleep/wake button and leave it for a few hours it continues to drain. No background apps running and stopped all power hungry parts of the OS. If you look at the graph below you can see it is in freefall.

Opened it up and put it in Airplane mode and pressed Sleep/Wake. Two hrs later took it out of airplane mode (first flat part of graph after the dip) rapid discharge has stopped. Put it back to WiFi and pressed Sleep/Wake putting it back to sleep. Checked a couple of hours later and it now no longer rapidly discharges. and continues to stay relatively flat.

Strange behaviour. Still investigating but it seems if after charging I momentarily put it in Airplane mode then back to WiFi I don't get this rapid discharge.

1584476983698.png

zhaoxin

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2015
You can ask an Apple staff for help and see what the battery health is. Or if you have a developer account, you can download the battery debug certificate and see it yourself. Though there is no battery health in setting of iPadOS, the battery log does tells the same item in database.

Make sure your battery is still in good health, then you can go on to investigate other options.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.