Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pangalactic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 28, 2016
Made a video:

Any ideas on how to fix this? That was on 11.3.1 (or whatever the latest 11 version was) , upgraded to 12 and it's still happening

largefarrva

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2012
I never had this problem with mine. I didn't try to unlock it while plugged in this morning, but I can check tonight when I get home from work.

davegoody

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2003
Nottingham, England.
Made a video:

Any ideas on how to fix this? That was on 11.3.1 (or whatever the latest 11 version was) , upgraded to 12 and it's still happening
I have had similar problems with my iPhone, when it was often unresponsive with on-screen actions (such as unlock) when plugged-into a non Apple approved charger / cable. Worked fine when using an Apple Cable and charger. Could be the reason.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
I have this problem with all of my devices with one particular outlet in my bedroom. It may be that the outlet is not properly grounded. I can avoid the problem if I make sure to make good contact with the metal parts of the device as I use the Touch ID sensor.

eightdotthree

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2018
Interesting, was any particular thing that caused it?

No, nothing I can think of at least. It was plugged in charging via an Apple charger. I was downloading the iOS 12 update, that's it. I've had the iPad for over 6 months and this has never happened before. Unplugging it from the charger immediately made the touch screen responsive again. Just tried plugging it back up to the same outlet and charger, no issues. Weird.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.