Ipad pro 9.7 camera hump cover?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Wackery, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Wackery, Mar 21, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2016

Wackery macrumors 6502a

Did anyone watch the iPad pro 9.7 presentation, does the 9.7 ipad pro come with a case that covers the back? this is the only way i'd buy the new ipad with the camera bump, so that it can lie flush against a table. there's one for the 12.9 pro with a cut out for the smart connector.

2. bchreng macrumors 6502a

bchreng

Didn't seem like it included a case. The problem with a third party case is that it may cover the smart connector and prevent it from working with other keyboards.

3. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

The bump Apple created for this model serves a very logical need. Knowing their customers would be unhappy, only proves Apple's right.

Now they have something to change next year, creating a reason for many buyers to upgrade.

4. Wackery thread starter macrumors 6502a

it seems logical, but in practice doesn't work. I started this other thread about trade offs between the air 2 and the mini 4:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/ipad-air-2-or-ipad-mini-4.1913782/page-7#post-22167362

With the ipad line lately it's all been about compromise, specifically about how each ipad is somehow compromised.

Apple, I just want to give you my money, stop making these weirdo decisions.

5. MartyCan macrumors 65816

MartyCan

There is a silicone cover for IPP 9.7 listed in the Apple Store now. I have the cover on my 12.9" and it is more than thick enough to overcome the lens hump.

6. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

But your open statement about spending money on Apple products is proof of the emotional bond they've maintained with you.

7. Wackery thread starter macrumors 6502a

i didn't spend any money tho, how does that make any sense?
    --- Post Merged, Mar 21, 2016 ---
    http://www.apple.com/ca/shop/product/MM262AM/A/silicone-case-for-9-7-inch-ipad-pro-apricot?fnode=9a there we go...