iPad Pro iPad Pro 9.7 Case (99p Amazon Special)

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Stageshoot, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Stageshoot, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016

Stageshoot macrumors regular

Stageshoot

Just a heads up for anyone who ordered the £0.99 Moko iPad Pro 9.7 Cases on Ebay

Mine turned up today and the quality is very good.

Certainly worth a tenner or more so 99p delivered is an insane bargain

Now all I need is for apple to deliver the ipad for it

OH And the sticker on the pack was iPad Air 3 so the Pro moniker caught out the case makers

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Eckscaliber macrumors 6502a

Eckscaliber

This is the case I ordered, and I should be receiving it tomorrow. I can see that I'm going to have to modify the speaker cutouts, so they are completely opened.

3. Azzin macrumors 68040

It's a real shame there isn't a dedicated iPad Accessories Forum here at Mac Rumors to post stuff like this in.

4. RedOrchestra Suspended

Well, they're cheap, because they don't have the 4 speaker cutouts - but if you don't mind the muffled sound I guess the price is right, I guess.

5. Stageshoot thread starter macrumors regular

Stageshoot

It does have the 4 speaker cutouts. they are drilled holes in position for the 4 speakers top and bottom

6. StPatty33 macrumors 6502

StPatty33

I ordered the same case ($6.49 on Amazon I believe), and it was delivered yesterday. Looks pretty well made and not too bulky. Once I get the iPad to pop into it I'll know more.

I plan on just using mine as a stop-gap until there's a quality leather aftermarket smart cover. I prefer my iPads with a smart cover and a leather skin on the back, so it's as slim and light as possible. That being said, this case is light enough to where if I need to, I may just put a leather skin on the back of the case, eh.

7. seatton macrumors 6502

seatton

8. LasersGoPewPew macrumors regular

LasersGoPewPew

9. StPatty33 macrumors 6502

StPatty33

FYI, even though the case is definitely cut for the new iPad, I obviously haven't used it with my iPad since the iPad is with UPS as we speak. I assumed everything was just fine with it, but I just received this email this morning:

"Dear Customer,

Thanks for your recent purchase of "MoKo Ultra Slim Lightweight Smart-shell Stand Cover Case with Auto Wake / Sleep for Apple iPad Pro 9.7 Inch 2016 Release Tablet, BLACK" and we are writing to let you know that the case you received may be defective and the smart cover feature may NOT work correctly.

To stand behind our products, we will send an adequate one in about 12 days. This will be a revised version with better fit and of course, the smart cover feature. The volume buttons also line up more accurately and are easier to access.

You may use the current case as a layover and there is no need to send it back.

We apologize for any inconvenience and please feel free to contact us if you have any further concern or questions."

Thought you all should know!

10. Eckscaliber macrumors 6502a

Eckscaliber

I don't use the Wake/Sleep feature, so this was a non-issue for me. However, getting a free new version with better fitment is awesome. I like this company, and how they conduct business.

11. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

12. seatton macrumors 6502

seatton

13. austriak macrumors regular

I just got the same case delivered. It seems nice but I'm not sure why there is a cut out for a volume rocker. I emailed the seller after reading your post and received the following response:

There was an issue with a small batch of the pro case and that has been sent back. The cases we are shipping are good so don't worry and enjoy your iPad Pro Case.

14. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

I purchased the same exact case I must Say Its Perfectly fine My price was $4.99

15. benjs macrumors regular

FYI, I contacted the seller, who informed me that the misaligned volume holes will also be fixed in the replacements sent out! Very impressive service for such a small dollar value purchase.

16. FrankDrebin macrumors newbie

FrankDrebin

Got my defective Moko this morning, the corrected one is still shipping. The dimensions are a little off, can't get the rim to wrap around all 4 corners, 3 click around fine but the 4th just won't wrap around. Also, as they stated in their email about sending a replacement, the 'Smart Cover' feature doesn't work. Hopefully all this is sorted in the replacement model. Either way, I think this will only be a temporary case for my iPad, until Logitech release some stuff, or I bite the bullet and buy Apple's £100 combo!

17. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

Logitech and Zagg have both priced their offerings to match their name ubiquity. :/

I've used Apple accessories like these and while they're not bad quality, I'd never buy them for myself either.

18. tom504 macrumors regular

tom504

I bought the silver version of this for my Ipad Pro 128gb and am using it now. All the cutouts are correct and nothing is blocking any port or button including speaker. I like it, even though I do have an Apple smart cover being shipped to Best Buy as I prefer this over covering the metal side.

19. lyngo macrumors 6502

How long did it take for them to ship? Does the cover actually work like a Smart Cover? They printed my shipping label on Friday, but have yet to send it out via priority mail. This is why I ask.

20. tom504 macrumors regular

tom504

I Paid extra for 2 day shipping:
    Item(s) Subtotal: $5.99
    Shipping & Handling: $8.99
    -----
    Total before tax: $14.98
    Estimated tax to be collected: $0.00
    -----
    Grand Total: $14.98

Ipad Air 2 cover does not work and I needed something soon and since I could not get it local it was worth it for me.

21. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

So just to follow up on my case purchase, it came today (earlier than they said, yay!) and it fits like a dang glove - the cutouts for the speakers are spot on.

Also, as an audiophile, I really like that they've left ample room around the headphone jack for the odd $400 Grados. :D

Attached Files: