Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

burts

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2015
I dont know if this was happening with my ipad air but with my new pro 9.7 on a webpage im browsing with pictures it only loads the pictures as I scroll to it.

Basically I can not do a fast scroll, I need to pause and let the ipad load the picture before continuing to scroll down the page..

Ok now after I get to the bottom of the page when I scroll back up its the same thing a blank screen for a second before it reloads

Last edited:

burts

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2015
I dont know if this was happening with my ipad air but with my new pro 9.7 on a webpage im browsing with pictures it only loads the pictures as I scroll to it.

Basically I can not do a fast scroll, I need to pause and let the ipad load the picture before continuing to scroll down the page..

Ok now after I get to the bottom of the page when I scroll back up its the same thing a blank screen for a second before it reloads
Like I said when I scroll down on lots of different sites with pictures I have a black screen for a second before it loads..Never had this problem with my air 1

Viper2005

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2007
I notice this when scrolling down long Facebook timelines in Safari. Quite annoying.

jamesrick80

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2014
Use a different browser...safari does this sometimes...try chrome browser or UC browser and you won't see the issue....

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Sep 2, 2015

Does not do that on mine try loading TMZ very heavy page if you iPad can load that page it can load anything.

burts

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2015
I made a video of a simple webpage
I also took my ipad air 1 back out of its box as I was about to sell it and tried the same web pages both on ebay etc and it does not have any issues with loading the page while scrolling..

Any ideas to fix this issue before I return the pro?
Chrome does solve the issue but safari works flawlessly with the air 1

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.