Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bigads

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
Here
picked up my iPad Pro yesterday and whilst us No it throughout the day, about 5 times when using an app, the iPad went black and back to the apple logo for about 10 seconds, then worked again fine.

Set up as new again today and it has happened again. Any ideas? Genius appt needed?

Bigads

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
Here
There has been no particular pattern. Tonight it was whilst using safari. Yesterday it was other apps.

Bigads

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
Here
I have booked a genius appoint,eat for tomorrow. Not happening on my iPhone 6s Plus, my wife's iPad Air 2 so I am presuming a faulty unit.
For what it's worth, in the diagnostics log there are a number of Jetsamevents.

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
I have booked a genius appoint,eat for tomorrow. Not happening on my iPhone 6s Plus, my wife's iPad Air 2 so I am presuming a faulty unit.

Do you have a current iOS? My iPhone was doing that last week. iOS update fixed it.

Bigads

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
Here
Yeh.meverything up to date.
Not had this on other devices which is odd as I pretty much have it set up the same as precious iPad and my iPhone.

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
picked up my iPad Pro yesterday and whilst us No it throughout the day, about 5 times when using an app, the iPad went black and back to the apple logo for about 10 seconds, then worked again fine.

Set up as new again today and it has happened again. Any ideas? Genius appt needed?
Within the 14 day period, no appontment needed, just return and buy again.

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Sep 2, 2015

Negative do not go through a Genius your iPad is clearly defective. RETURN it for a full refund. And buy another one at a different store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.