Ipad Pro 9.7 Refurb - Keep or return?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Bondadasorg, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Bondadasorg, Mar 8, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2017

Bondadasorg macrumors newbie

Okay, just bought one off the Apple Store - pretty darn good price, with cellular. Will have two weeks to return it if need be, once I pick it up in two days, but geez, apple products are expensive (and good) and so I didn't want to risk having them sell out. Want a tablet mostly for reading, web browsing, checking email, and streaming via youtube and the 9.7 looks like a great choice. I realize there may be an entry level which could be a better option. Hoping we hear something before April 4.

So, Mac-isans, silly move, or money well spent?

2. macgeek18 macrumors 68000

macgeek18

I'm perfectly happy with my 1st gen 12.9. just enjoy it. I spent way to much time and money always trying for the latest and greatest. By what fits your needs and use it!

3. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I think you saved some money by purchasing refurbished. However, if New iPads do debut and a Keynote does happen in the upcoming weeks, the current iPad lineup will likely see price reductions, which you may have been able to purchase a new iPad for what you paid for a refurbished model. It's speculation, but I would have waited.

4. Coolpher macrumors regular

Coolpher

I disagree because when they re-issue and reprice the first GEN of both the 12.9 and the 9.7 they will not have all of the storage and color options available yes they'll reduce the price but I'm guessing they will only offer two of the three sizes of internal storage and possibly two of the four colors just depends on the storage and color option you went with
    --- Post Merged, Mar 8, 2017 ---
    I completely agree I got a 12.9 Space gray w/ 128gb and Cellular and I use it every day with the ASK and :apple:Pencil

5. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I still think the same colors will be available and storage tiers with the Pro line, I would believe what you said if it was an older iPad model, but being the Pro line is very recent, more specifically the 9.7 Pro is almost at it's one year anniversary. Even if your theory was true, when Apple reduces their prices, so will third party retailers as well. So, there are options based on where you look.

6. Coolpher macrumors regular

Coolpher

For Apple to be able to add a new color to this new lineup they will have to reduce the production of the more difficult colors to produce on the previous generation so I guess only time will tell which of us is correct either way I think it was a good choice to buy the current reaffirm before they go away you still have two weeks to return it

7. Bondadasorg thread starter macrumors newbie

I'll have about two weeks to return it if need be, and am leaning towards that but we'll have to see how the next two weeks unfold. One thing I was thinking: If there ends up being an Ipad Pro with haptic feedback (like on my iphone 7), I'd be bummed to not be able to have that feature, as it's awesome on the iphone.

8. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I don't disagree the price was not a good choice to purchase a refurbished model from Apple. My only thoughts were, I would've waited to two weeks to see what Apple has to offer in new hardware, if anything at all. And if They did offer a new iPad Pro lineup, then you potentially could have received the refurbished model for the price of what a brand new year old model might be if it was reduced in price. Again, time will tell.

9. Bondadasorg, Mar 8, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2017

Bondadasorg thread starter macrumors newbie

Makes sense. With tax the price was $768 and it's a space gray with 128 gb and cellular. But as Relentless points out, even though that's a good deal, it may end up not being a good deal depending on what rolls out.

Having done more research online (aka reading all the rumors), even if there's a launch soon, chances are the newest models may not even be available right away. So I may end up keeping this new ipad, then selling it later on when something better comes along.

A year ago I sold my first Gen ipad mini on ebay and have been ipad less ever since. And sometimes I feel lost, like a puppy, so it'll be good to finally have an ipad again.

10. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Haptic feedback would be interesting if it was implemented into the home button or 3D Touch would be nice as well.

11. macgeek18 macrumors 68000

macgeek18

I use mine everyday with the same configuration. I'm using it now at work. It's a great device. I could care less that it will be two years old this fall. This device it going to last awhile.

12. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Just return it and wait for the event and see what they have to offer so you can buy new one, if not you still be able to buy reduced price of 1st gen iPad Pro.