iPad Pro 9.7 Screen Protector thread

a.guillermo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 12, 2015
I'm searching for an ipad pro screen protector that has really good fingerprint resistance... I mostly use my ipad for Square in my shop, and want to keep it clean from people signing on it, etc. I have it down to three different protectors on amazon... Has anyone had any experience with any of these three?

amFilm seems to be the most popular amoungst the crowd-- I just placed my order for it. If anyone else has any contributions with any other protectors, please feel free to comment on this post!! :)

amFilm
http://www.amazon.com/amFilm-Temper...r=1-12&keywords=ipad+pro+9.7+screen+protector

OMOTON
http://www.amazon.com/Protector-Tem...769&sr=1-5&keywords=ipad+air+screen+protector a favorable review from someone below! Seems like good quality

Sparin
http://www.amazon.com/Screen-Protec...769&sr=1-8&keywords=ipad+air+screen+protector

Plus, if there are any good ones that I don't have here, please let me know!! Thanks! I'll update post as time goes on.

Andre

Last edited:

fenderbass146

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Northwest Indiana
It's the same as an iPad Air 1 or 2 so.... Just read those reviews...idk how they interact with pencil but I, super happy with the amFilm on my iPad Air 2. They just sent me one for free. I like it so much I bought one for my iPhone

N54TT

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2013
I just installed the amFilm hd clear screen protector I had bought for my iPad air1. It fits perfectly....only now I'm wondering if I should just take it off. It seems to make the screen much more reflective....negating the anti-reflective coating the iPad pro has. But I'm also wondering if the anti-reflective coating will wear off after time.

fenderbass146

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Northwest Indiana
I just installed the amFilm hd clear screen protector I had bought for my iPad air1. It fits perfectly....only now I'm wondering if I should just take it off. It seems to make the screen much more reflective....negating the anti-reflective coating the iPad pro has. But I'm also wondering if the anti-reflective coating will wear off after time.
I was under the impression it wasn't a coating but the actual technology of the screen. For example the reason the ipad air 2 was better then the ipad air was because they were physcially able to put the lcd closer to the glass or something like that.

N54TT

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2013
I was under the impression it wasn't a coating but the actual technology of the screen. For example the reason the ipad air 2 was better then the ipad air was because they were physcially able to put the lcd closer to the glass or something like that.
That is true about the reduced space between the glass and lcd ...but it also has an anti-reflective coating, as stated on apples website.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
I have one of those tempered glass protectors on my iPhone and iPad; they're a bit easier to apply and offer really good protection, especially if you're dealing with the public.

a.guillermo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 12, 2015
It's the same as an iPad Air 1 or 2 so.... Just read those reviews...idk how they interact with pencil but I, super happy with the amFilm on my iPad Air 2. They just sent me one for free. I like it so much I bought one for my iPhone
Thanks for your input!! I bought the amfilm one :)

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68030
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I have a good one. I found some old screen protectors fo my iPad Air and I installed one on the new 9.7. Later in the day after using the Pencil for like 15 minutes, it was all scratched up. I was all annoyed and then went online shopping for a glass protector. Later on I went to pull it off and surprise - the scratched up protector wasn't the protector at all but the plastic protector that protects the protector.

CE3

macrumors 68000
Nov 26, 2014
I'm getting the OMOTON screen protector tomorrow and will let you know what I think and how well it works with the pencil.

Last edited:

CE3

macrumors 68000
Nov 26, 2014
The OMOTON screen protector is quality. The screen actually feels more premium to me now..very smooth.. and the pencil works with no issues.

Reactions: Melrose

a.guillermo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 12, 2015
The OMOTON screen protector is quality. The screen actually feels more premium to me now..very smooth.. and the pencil works with no issues.
Thanks for your reply! I've added your input to the op!

N54TT

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2013
I noticed there are two OMOTON glass protectors for the iPad Pro. One just lists the pro 9.7 for compatibility, and the other lists iPad Pro 12.9, air, air2. Which did you order? They seem to have different ASIN numbers....wonder if they are the same products.

CE3

macrumors 68000
Nov 26, 2014
I noticed there are two OMOTON glass protectors for the iPad Pro. One just lists the pro 9.7 for compatibility, and the other lists iPad Pro 12.9, air, air2. Which did you order? They seem to have different ASIN numbers....wonder if they are the same products.
http://www.amazon.com/Protector-Tem...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Here's the link to the one I purchased ASIN: B0187AEJTM

I should reiterate, the glass is very smooth and slick. Some may not like it so slick. I'm happy with it.

N54TT

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2013
http://www.amazon.com/Protector-Tem...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

I should reiterate, the glass is very smooth and slick. Some may not like it so slick. I'm happy with it.
Thank you..that's the iPad Pro/air/air2 one. This is the other one I was talking about with a different ASIN number. Wonder if they are the same products...just boxed differently?

http://www.amazon.com/OMOTON-iPad-I...+screen+protector&refinements=p_85:2470955011

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
I'll follow up on my post about the tempered glass protector with the Pencil:

For pure protection, the glass protectors are the way to go because they offer the best guard against impact damage. however, and I was stupid when I bought it, they elevate the tip of the Pencil just enough to give you a

One note about the glass - which I have as well and love - is that if you're using the Pencil with it it will add a bit of a gap between the tip and the spot on the display where the tracking starts. It's not the tip-to-display that you saw in the Apple Pencil video. It works great with the Pencil, and once you get used to that little 0.5mm gap it's all good.

:)

Reactions: CE3

lakerchick4life

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2007
The AmFilm one is the one that I got a code for free from amazon..will try this one out for sure once I get the iPad Pro..will need help putting it on since I am really bad at putting on screen protectors never had luck with them..I assume it works well with the pencil

nikster0029

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
I just received the amFilm, and it drastically increases the reflection on the screen, which makes Apple's success in reducing glare or reflection more.. Also, it came broken, which is shotty.

aoaaron

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2010
Does the omotion increase reflectivity?

I have an anker tempered glass. It feels beautiful, very clear, good price but it's increased the reflectivity a lot.

Reflexivity vs safety !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.