iPad Pro 9.7 Screen Protector thread

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by a.guillermo, Mar 31, 2016.

1. a.guillermo, Mar 31, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016

a.guillermo macrumors regular

I'm searching for an ipad pro screen protector that has really good fingerprint resistance... I mostly use my ipad for Square in my shop, and want to keep it clean from people signing on it, etc. I have it down to three different protectors on amazon... Has anyone had any experience with any of these three?

amFilm seems to be the most popular amoungst the crowd-- I just placed my order for it. If anyone else has any contributions with any other protectors, please feel free to comment on this post!! :)

amFilm
    http://www.amazon.com/amFilm-Temper...r=1-12&keywords=ipad+pro+9.7+screen+protector

OMOTON
    http://www.amazon.com/Protector-Tem...769&sr=1-5&keywords=ipad+air+screen+protector a favorable review from someone below! Seems like good quality

Sparin
    http://www.amazon.com/Screen-Protec...769&sr=1-8&keywords=ipad+air+screen+protector

Plus, if there are any good ones that I don't have here, please let me know!! Thanks! I'll update post as time goes on.

Andre

2. fenderbass146 macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

It's the same as an iPad Air 1 or 2 so.... Just read those reviews...idk how they interact with pencil but I, super happy with the amFilm on my iPad Air 2. They just sent me one for free. I like it so much I bought one for my iPhone

3. N54TT macrumors member

I just installed the amFilm hd clear screen protector I had bought for my iPad air1. It fits perfectly....only now I'm wondering if I should just take it off. It seems to make the screen much more reflective....negating the anti-reflective coating the iPad pro has. But I'm also wondering if the anti-reflective coating will wear off after time.

4. fenderbass146 macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

I was under the impression it wasn't a coating but the actual technology of the screen. For example the reason the ipad air 2 was better then the ipad air was because they were physcially able to put the lcd closer to the glass or something like that.

5. N54TT macrumors member

That is true about the reduced space between the glass and lcd ...but it also has an anti-reflective coating, as stated on apples website.

6. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

I have one of those tempered glass protectors on my iPhone and iPad; they're a bit easier to apply and offer really good protection, especially if you're dealing with the public.

7. fenderbass146 macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

Ahh. Personally I haven't noticed any measurable difference.

8. a.guillermo thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for your input!! I bought the amfilm one :)

9. titans1127 macrumors 6502a

Best Buy has the Zagg Glass on sale for $30 today. Tempted to pick it up but not sure if it will be compatible with the UAG Folio.

10. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I have a good one. I found some old screen protectors fo my iPad Air and I installed one on the new 9.7. Later in the day after using the Pencil for like 15 minutes, it was all scratched up. I was all annoyed and then went online shopping for a glass protector. Later on I went to pull it off and surprise - the scratched up protector wasn't the protector at all but the plastic protector that protects the protector.

11. CE3, Apr 2, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2016

CE3 macrumors 6502a

I'm getting the OMOTON screen protector tomorrow and will let you know what I think and how well it works with the pencil.

12. CE3 macrumors 6502a

The OMOTON screen protector is quality. The screen actually feels more premium to me now..very smooth.. and the pencil works with no issues.

13. a.guillermo thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for your reply! I've added your input to the op!

14. N54TT macrumors member

I noticed there are two OMOTON glass protectors for the iPad Pro. One just lists the pro 9.7 for compatibility, and the other lists iPad Pro 12.9, air, air2. Which did you order? They seem to have different ASIN numbers....wonder if they are the same products.

15. CE3 macrumors 6502a

http://www.amazon.com/Protector-Tem...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Here's the link to the one I purchased ASIN: B0187AEJTM

I should reiterate, the glass is very smooth and slick. Some may not like it so slick. I'm happy with it.

16. N54TT macrumors member

Thank you..that's the iPad Pro/air/air2 one. This is the other one I was talking about with a different ASIN number. Wonder if they are the same products...just boxed differently?

http://www.amazon.com/OMOTON-iPad-I...+screen+protector&refinements=p_85:2470955011

17. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

I'll follow up on my post about the tempered glass protector with the Pencil:

For pure protection, the glass protectors are the way to go because they offer the best guard against impact damage. however, and I was stupid when I bought it, they elevate the tip of the Pencil just enough to give you a
    One note about the glass - which I have as well and love - is that if you're using the Pencil with it it will add a bit of a gap between the tip and the spot on the display where the tracking starts. It's not the tip-to-display that you saw in the Apple Pencil video. It works great with the Pencil, and once you get used to that little 0.5mm gap it's all good.

:)

18. lakerchick4life macrumors 6502

The AmFilm one is the one that I got a code for free from amazon..will try this one out for sure once I get the iPad Pro..will need help putting it on since I am really bad at putting on screen protectors never had luck with them..I assume it works well with the pencil

19. chhhrrriiisss macrumors 6502a

I got the OMOTON in the mail today and it feels great. Just hoping the random bubbles that are remaining work themselves out.

20. Eckscaliber macrumors 6502a

Eckscaliber

Does anyone know the thickness of the Omoton?

21. CE3 macrumors 6502a

0.3 mm

22. Eckscaliber macrumors 6502a

Eckscaliber

Damn, I figured. I'm trying to fine one around 0.22mm.

23. nikster0029 Contributor

nikster0029

I just received the amFilm, and it drastically increases the reflection on the screen, which makes Apple's success in reducing glare or reflection more.. Also, it came broken, which is shotty.

24. aoaaron macrumors 6502

Does the omotion increase reflectivity?

I have an anker tempered glass. It feels beautiful, very clear, good price but it's increased the reflectivity a lot.

Reflexivity vs safety !